Cheat day disaster

Options
1 cheat day and I am up 4 pounds :(

Replies

• ginmo333
    ginmo333 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it can't be 4 lbs of fat!! could be water weight from eating the junk...don't let it set you back :)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    That's probably mostly water, so don't panic. It should be gone in a few days.
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Trust me, it will go fast, just get back into your exercise.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No way! If I did my math right, you would have had to eat 14,000 extra calories to gain 4 lbs. You probably just overdid it on the sodium...drink lots of water to flush it out and get back on track today!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 14 000 calories over your daily intake don't worry too much, its water weight
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    that was me after july 4th, it's water weight. lower your sodium for the next couple days and it'll come right off!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    don't do cheat days have a small treat every couple have days if you have space for it within your daily calorie intake :) but don't worry it'll be gone with a little exercise
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    Cheat days are good for your metabolsim to keep it guess. Its probably just water weight. I was on vacation for 4th of July gained a few and within 4 days it was all gone plus some. High sodium will make you hold onto extra water. Watch your sodium next few days and have some potassium that will also help it flush out and balance out!
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    Don't sweat it. One time I gained back 8 pounds in a day. No joke. It came off pretty quickly.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    The scale will go up after a cheat day. Usually from too much sodium and you're retaining the water. Give it a couple of days and it will go away. I'm having a purposeful cheat day today (The 4 Hour Body). I know the scale will go up tomorrow but it will go away and hoping to break my plateau by doing this.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    it always takes me 2 days to recover from a cheat day... I think its all that sodium ugh