Need to lose weight for my health

Options
Hi
I need to lose at least 60 ponds. I have a hard time breathing coming up a flight of stairs. I do lose weight u till I am comfortable and then I go back to my old ways. I am tired of huffing and puffing my way thru life.
Anyone with any great recommendations or want to add me to help me push my bad habits away. Then please add me

Replies

• lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am very excited for you as you begin this journey! As you work through the process, keep your reasons for doing it in front of you (for better health). Look for ways to create new habits to replace the old habits and celebrate your progress. Once you have reached your goal (and you will reach it), reflect back on how far you have come and remember the reason you worked so hard (for better health) and ask yourself, do I want to go back?

Small daily wins will get you there. What is one thing you can change today? Focus on that for a time until it becomes a habit, then focus on another area to change. Best of luck to you on your journey - excited for you to reach your goals and live the life you desire!
  • bvooys
    bvooys Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. I will definatly take your advise on the daily goals and successes
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this!
  • bvooys
    bvooys Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jennifer
  • bunter2977
    bunter2977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I've just started this app keeping food diary and exercising at home on my bike looking to lose 4-1/2 stone overall this app is great and hope I can get some support or boosts from fellow members.
    I've just got a Fitbit blaze as well to help with the journey.
  • bunter2977
    bunter2977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm at 19.56 stone would like to hit my goal of 15st by next December so a way to go.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request, OP! I've been losing since 1/1/16 and have been here on MFP every day for 334 days.
  • marine0231
    marine0231 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Never give up ! I'm living proof
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Motivation it is that simple. Hard time breathing=motivation.
  • ferret150
    ferret150 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have 50 left to lose so you are not alone.