help?

Options
chellylee30
chellylee30 Posts: 9 Member
edited December 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,
I'm a 19 year old female, I weigh 151 and I'm 5'4. I eat more then normal,my body is constantly hungry even after eating a meal that could feed five people.i went from eating like that to eating a 1300 calorie diet. I'm trying to lose a bit of weight(i started on 12/28/16) my goal weight is 120 like I was a year ago.im a huge junk food eater and I'm not much on exercise but I'm trying.any info on a better diet or workouts would be widely appreciated.i have been getting stretch marks like crazy on my thighs and hips so I figured its time to try and get back in shape.so far I have been eating whatever I want and staying within the 1300 call but it feels like in starving myself. and I'm also taking my boyfriends dogs on a walk with me.once to four times a day.should I do more exercise? Should I be one a healthy diet?
any suggestions or advice?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Cut down the junk food. It's won't keep you satisfied. Leave it as a treat or reward for hitting your goals and don't cut it out completely.

Exercise and activity are good to allow you to eat more food.

Set a weight loss goal of 0.5-1lb a week, no more than that to start. See how it goes and change your goals as you progress
  • chellylee30
    Options
    Thank you I will set the goal and cut down on the junk food.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    A diet with more protein and more fiber (i.e. fruits and vegetables) will make you feel more full than one with a lot of sugar or foods with little nutrition. You don't have to eliminate 'junk food' entirely, but cut back and replace it with more filling/satisfying foods.
  • chellylee30
    Options
    Thank you I will start eating salad instead of eating pizza ect
  • everyusernamewastakenso
    Options
    I found that foods high in fiber. Healthy carbs beans and sweet potatoes keep me full. Pair it with 2 or more servings of veggies and I'm full as a tick.
  • chellylee30
    Options
    Is it possible to have three full meals under 1300 calories?
  • chellylee30
    Options
    Readytorock206
    So I should add meat to the salads and so forth? I have never had to diet so I'm new at all this.
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    1300 is probably too low for your stats, but yes, you can have 3 full meals.
  • chellylee30
    Options
    The app made my stats 1300 I was hoping for 1500 but it choose otherwise.is there a way to change the stats?
  • galgenstrick
    Options
    How active are you? What rate of weight loss did you put in?
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    1300 cals seems really low. What rate did you enter?
  • chellylee30
    Options
    I lost 273 calories today just from walking ect.i weigh 151 pounds my goal weight is 120 pounds.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Readytorock206
    So I should add meat to the salads and so forth? I have never had to diet so I'm new at all this.

yes. grilled chicken, hard boiled eggs, avocado, almonds. just some ideas.
  • chellylee30
    Options
    Thank you I will add to the salads I eat
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have had a similar problem to you, over the years my weight has gone up and down and back up, around 5 weeks ago I changed my regime.
    It went as follows based on being a man,
    For the first 4 days no carbs at all
    My daily diet was 8 palms of protein, a palm measure is that you have a piece of meat or fish approximately the size of your palm of your hand
    8 fists of vegetables, cruciferous ie greens, google the term for a list
    5 teaspoons of fat, ie olive oil or coconut oil

For a woman the numbers reduce to 4 protein.
    For fish like salmon or tuna it counts as a protein and a fat.....

After 4 days I was allowed to replace 2 x veg with 2x fists carbs, and allowed 1 fruit per day and 1 treat, ie piece Lindt dark chocolate
    I removed dairy from my diet and switched to using unsweetened almond milk for my coffees, takes a bit of trial and error to find a make that suits your taste buds, but I found one that works and my coffees taste the same as with cows milk.
    In the first 4 weeks I lost 4kgs, I also am excercising daily and am getting stronger and fitter whilst nibbling off the pounds.

I now have come back to tracking my food on mfp as it's hard to track at the start

The biggest thing I have noticed is my skin is looking younger and tighter, I'm 54, my face has lost the bags under my eyes, I sleep better and I feel clean and good about myself, sure I'm still overweight but that doesn't matter I feel in control of myself. If I eat a desert somewhere again so what, my body tells me when I need to eat and when I don't and also I no longer have late night food cravings, I'm full and feel full all the time.
    I am now eating to be healthy not to satisfy hunger pangs that come back very quickly.
    I stopped eating sugar, if I need a sweetener in my coffee I use honey.
    It has worked for me and taking me 3 years to find the answer
  • Arapacana1
    Arapacana1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I usually stick to 1200 calories a day, and I eat bread, eggs, beef, chicken, ham, fruit, vegetables, yoghurt and even ice cream. You can check out my diary if you want- it should be open.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, if you don't have one get a food scale and use it to measure your portions as often as you can. Keep an eye on hitting your protein, fat, and fiber goals - these are often the things that will keep you feeling fuller and that people trying to eat "diet" foods are lacking. You don't need to eat anything special or jump through a lot of hoops. I'd bet you are hungry because you aren't getting much protein or fiber, and that you are eating more than you think because of that.

Hang in there!
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You may have set your weight loss goals too aggressively. Go for about 1 lb/week and you'll probably find your daily calories closer to 1450 if you're sedentary, 1600 if you have an active job.