Low Carb Foods

Options
arotella
arotella Posts: 98 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for low carb foods? I somehow manage to keep going over my carbs so I am trying to lower my intake. I have found some great low carb, whole wheat tortillas, ("La Tortilla Factory - Smart & Delicious High Fiber-Low Carb" if anyone is interested), but I need more options!

Replies

• sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    Had difficulty finding a true list of low-carb foods, but I did find this food pyramid. It's fairly decent and should give you some helpful hints. May want to also consider low glycemic index foods as well

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/ig/Low-Carb-Food-Pyramid/lowcarbpyramid1-IG.htm
    http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/glycemicfoodchart.htm

Hope this helps.
  • musicmanomar
    Options
    You can make a low carb pizza! You can buy FLATOUTS or MISSION LOW CARB TORTILLA. Put some shredded cheese on it, pepperoni or other toppings. You can buy fillets (2 for almost $3.50) at walmart. Sugar free jello no
    Carbs. There is also sugar free Kool-aid. Low carb ice
    Cream. Turkey burgers. Hope thus helps out!
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! I've stayed within my calories for a month and a half and am not losing. Got my protein, fiber, water all up and still wasn't losing. Tried zig zagging my calories, still not seeing any loss. So, I went through my diary and saw that I am consistenly over on carbs - and typically WAY over even though I'm fine on everything else.

So, I'm with you. Today is day 2 of really watching my carbs and staying within my goal or a little bit lower. I'm hoping it helps. I'm not doing a low carb diet but I have my goals set at 40/30/30 for carbs/fat/protein and am at 1360 calories. I am really hopeful about this actually and am totally full and not eating junk.

Stuff that I bought - nuts to snack on, whole wheat bread that is low cal and much lower carbs. (franz brand since we have an outlet here.) I also got some sugar free jello, sugar free jelly, low sugar ketchup since I love ketchup. I'm eating things like cottage cheese, string cheese, protein shakes, etc. For me, I could eat bread at every meal. Toast at breakfast, sandwich at lunch, roll at dinner, etc. Add to that fruit and everything else and I was way over on my carbs. I also bought some egg substitute and will do hard boiled eggs as well but I don't want to go way over on my cholesterol so that's why I did the egg substitute.

Good luck!
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I really appreciate the help! :)
  • jamaicaqueen24
    jamaicaqueen24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
    Thanks for that information!
  • jamaicaqueen24
    jamaicaqueen24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I'm just starting day 3 of not going crazy with carbs and I'm down 1.5 pounds. For someone who has been stuck for 1.5 months, this is really exciting!

I'm not doing low carb but finally following my recommended based on my settings and I think it is just what my body needed! I'm also getting in the right amount of protein, fat and fiber though too. :)