1000 miles in 2017 (walk or run)

Options
EauRouge1
EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
This is my target total distance for 2017 and I will be doing a mixture of walking and running. Anyone else want to join in?

Replies

• tinajoe628
    tinajoe628 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,989 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I was just telling some other friends that I probably needed to up my miles each month (currently at 60-75 / month and 1000 = just over 80 / month), even though I'm strength training now, which takes up some of the time where I'd do cardio only.

I'm in, if I can include my stand up paddleboarding miles too.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I seen a virtual run for something similar to this but lost the post.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I also went onto the ilovetorun.org sight where you can sign up and get a really nice medal at the end of the year. I have a thing for bling!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Hi...That's roughly 2.74 miles each day in 2017! Count me in sounds like a awesome long term challenge!

I think I might make a ticker as @GrandmaJackie said.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,832 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Count me in, I'm thinking to start jogging more. I want to MAYBE start running again. Of course that depends on my legs. I'm doing ALOT of walking now!

I don't know if I'll be able to reach 1000 miles walking/jogging/running but this is a challenge right, lol. The next couple of days, I'll make me a ticker to track my progress. Bring on THIS challenge!!!!!

I set this up once the challenge starts I'll input the correct information!

exercise.png

• mantha970
    mantha970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • azsundancer
    Options

exercise.png
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Love the ticket idea! Going to go work on mine right now.
  • azsundancer
    Options
    Love the ticket idea! Going to go work on mine right now.

It adds to the fun!
  • maydaymom3
    maydaymom3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm brand spankin' new here, but I love this idea. Total rookie: Once I've made a ticker (the visual will help motivate me...), where do I post the link? I've never used tickerfactory before.
  • Herntere
    Herntere Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I'm in need of a good push.
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I might need help with the ticker too. Can I go off of my pedometer? (3000 steps =1 mile) I don't know how else to count the miles.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    If I can just use my fitbit to count then I am in :) Do we post weekly or what...and in here?
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sorry, I couldn't get my ticker to work till now, :)<3:)

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    asrai50 wrote: »
    If I can just use my fitbit to count then I am in :) Do we post weekly or what...and in here?

It probably don't matter weekly probably but I would try to do at least 3 times a week. It might be a problem finding your previous post, :)
  • cjgsmg
    cjgsmg Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. I'm in!
  • EauRouge1
    EauRouge1 Posts: 265 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Ooh good, lots of people! Great idea on the ticker, I'm going to make myself one as well.

I suppose any exercise can count, as long as you are challenging yourself and aiming to move more than you already do. If you already cycle 20 miles a week, for example, then this challenge probably isn't going to be much of a strain.

I don't know how fitbits/pedometers work but if they track miles accurately then I'm sure it's fine :)

We could log our totals weekly or monthly, what does everyone think?

ETA hope this ticker works!

exercise.png

Edit again: If you want to use a ticker then go to tickerfactory.com, follow the instructions and then when you're done, copy and paste the bit that says BBcode into your forum post.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I was thinking about this number last night. Finding your thread this morning is serendipity!