No apple nor pear...what am I?

Options
This might seem a bit of a silly question but after reading loads of post regarding apple or pear shape I am wondering what am I?

When I gain weight I sort of gain it all over my body. My belly and face get bigger but so do my thighs and my bum. When I lose I lose first in my face and then probably belly.

When a pear and apple are describes I don't feel it applies to me. I don't have skinny legs like an apple and I don't carry all my weight on my hips.

So is there a body type that carries the weight evenly? I know it is not really that important I am just more curios.

Replies

• legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'd say pics would be helpful for visualization and advice giving purposes. : )
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are a gorgeous hourglass!
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    A banana.....Seriously . on this site i went to that shows different peoople with different shapes I found that..A banana was for people who carry the weight evenly
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Banana. Apparently that is a shape too. I'm similar. I was like "umm, I'm not an apple... and I know I'm not a pear." Then one site, I don't remember which gave me the option of banana. I think that's what I am. I guess it's not as common though. I don't see it offered as an option as much.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Hour glass or banana I would say

A banana is more straight tho, not so curvy...

An Hourglass is boobs and hips and a small waist.

You gain weight equally with both option but what you are is determined upon your measurements.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    banana/ruler
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hey that's great..I am an hourglass!
    I didn't realise that this is actually a body shape such as apple and pear. I always more just thought of it as someone's silhouette (if that makes sense)
    My waist is the smallest part of my body. I was always quite happy about this as I am a big 1950's fan so the fashion I wear accentuates that sort of shape.

I actually feel a little bit happier about myself right now! Thanks to everyone to taking the time and answering my question! :flowerforyou:

Daisy
  • BarbieHier
    BarbieHier Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi Daisy!!! Hey, I'm an 'hour' glass too...but I wish I was a '30 minute' glass! ;)

My legs used to be where I carried most of my weight, even when I was thinnest, but now that I am older, I carry it more all over. So far my waist has come back (after 48.5 pounds!)! And I am curvy again...just have to keep working on it and wear clothes that accentuate the waistline!!

We need an hour glass group! :o)