Need Heather meals and eating choices.

Options
I'm gonna get right to the point, down south it's impossible to eat healthy. Getting exercise is no problem for me, I spend a lot of time on my feet doing farm work and chasing my brothers. But eating healthy can be a challenge. around here we eat food that's full of fats and carbs, like biscuits, fried apples, fried chicken, homemade donuts, ect. And with my hole family eating this stuff around me its impossible to keep a diet for more than a few hours. I need help finding healthier meals that don't taste like you found them under a log.

Replies

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    What is a "Heather" meal?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just eat smaller portions of all the things you've listed, with extra fruit and veg?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get right to the point, down south it's impossible to eat healthy.

It's only impossible if you let it be so. As Tavistock Toad mentioned, you don't have to give up all the food served by your family - you simply need to eat less of them, and supplement them with less calorie choices.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »

I assume it's a typo for "Healthier" :)
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Take the skin off your fried chicken and don't fry an apple. Add steamed veggies to any fried meal instead of fries or other carbs.....For a start. Hope it helps. X
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »

I assume it's a typo for "Healthier" :)

I thought it might have been a new diet fad. You know, "Meals by Heather," or "Healthier with Heather." You never know. :smiley:
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    There's lots of recipes posted in the recipe section of these forums, many with nutritional information included.

I also like skinnytaste, skinnymom, and cooking light for recipes.

Overall though you can eat those same foods in smaller portions and/or with minor modifications and still lose weight.
  • Tangerine1325
    Tangerine1325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks snickersCharlie, I didn't notice the typo. I just got this new phone and the Auto correct is driving me crazy.
  • Tangerine1325
    Tangerine1325 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ment to say "healthier" i'm not very good with typing on a on a phone. Thanks for pointing it out, no harm done. :)