New to My Fitness Pal Thanks to my little sister Kati!!!

Hello everyone my name is Stephanie. I am trying to lose weight that I have been stuck with for years. For about 4 years I have been stuck at the same weight and haven't found a solution. I am hoping that using MFP will help me reach my goals. I have had 4 major back surgeries in my short 31 years so exercise can prove to be difficult. 3 days ago I decided it was time to make a change and live with the pain exercise causes and make myself a better person. Thanks for listening:)

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Welcome!! This is an awesome site!! Its amazing what you can figure out by tracking what you put in your mouth lol
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Welcome to the family, we are here to help
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Hey its a good motivation here!!!!!! Welcome to the group:smile:smile: You will love it......
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    this site is amazing. I think it can help anyone lose weight. Oh and Welcome to the site!
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    This site will help you so much. I would recommend if you have a smartphone to download the app. Its handy and helps with making the right decisions when going out to eat.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    Welcome, you have come to the right place. You will find loads of information, support and motivation on the site. I found the first few days to be a real learning curve, y'know, foods u didn't think were "bad" until you input them! Be careful with your back and listen to your body. And good luck :smile:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Welcome and good luck, :flowerforyou:
    I found this amazing site through my daughter,
    we are taking this journey together, there is alot of support here
    and the tools help keep you accountable by tracking what you eat
    and how you exercise. The more you exercise, the more you can eat,
    Great huh?

I will request you, and we can offer each other support if you'd like :smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Welcome!

Excercise doesn't have to equal pain. There are things such as eliptical or arc trainers that are low to no impact as well as swimming and water aerobics. I would strongly suggest visiting a physical therapist and getting a routine from a professional who can give you a good workout without killing yourself.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Welcome! You'll love this place! I'm still new here, thanks to my amazing daughter. I am watching caloric intake, making healthier choices and changing my lifestyle habits! The info & support here is fantastic!! Enjoy your journey!! :-)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Welcome! The brain is the most powerful part of our bodies. All we need is willpower, the right fuel and the right moves. Here's wishing you quality food, good health, and a world of fun as you head down this road!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    welcome! You might find that exercise will actually help your pain. it has for me I used to have constant back pains, stomach aliments and now they are all gone.
  • Thanks! I have never been a big eater, just snacking here and there. I am now forcing myself to eat breakfast. Pills make for an upset stomach in the morning so I haven't eaten breakfast on a regular basis in years. Thanks for your support:)
  • katihamlin
    katihamlin Posts: 41
    I'm glad you decided to join MFP. The community here is great and if you can stick with it (which I know you can) you will be very happy with the results :)