What A Difference A Year Can Make!

Options
On December 25, 2015, I received a Fitbit for Christmas.

I had been using MyFitnessPal to log my meal and exercise results, inconsistently, prior to this. Because of my lack of consistency, I never really saw the results for which I was hoping.

But oh what a difference a year can make!

My Fitbit HR tracked my exercise whether I took the time to log it or not. There it was ... every day. This would be the catalyst to pushing me toward taking the time to see how many calories I was burning every day. Because Fitbit doesn't synch into MyFitnessPal, once I started taking the time to enter my exercise results from Fitbit into MyFitnessPal, I was more motivated to also enter my calorie intake.

Long story short, I just hit 365 days in a row of entering both my calorie intake and monitoring my exercise through MyFitnessPal. I've entered everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Because I was spending more time entering my info, I also took more time to read the articles that would pop up in MyFitnessPal. This helped me learn more about diet, exercise, and nutrition. This then motivated me to seek outside sources as well for even more info. I also then learned how to use the Nutrition component included in MyFitnessPal.

So "Thank You!" to MyFitnessPal for helping to make this last year the most rewarding year of my life. In November of last year, I was told by a doctor I was "morbidly obese," and I better do something fast, or I was going on high blood pressure and cholesterol medication. I was considered pre-diabetic. At my highest in 2006, I was 444 pounds on a digital scale. Last Christmas, I weighed in at a Santa-like 359.8 pounds.

This morning I weighed in at 257.6 pounds with a 27.6% body fat reading. My doctor is now amazed by my excellent blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure results. She tells me my results are particularly amazing for someone 46 years old.

I'm sharing my results to encourage and congratulate everyone who has already began their journey toward being healthier! I would like to encourage everyone thinking about making some changes in their life as this new year approaches.

It's never too late to start. Any progress is progress. Use MyFitnessPal to monitor your exercise and calorie intake. Learn about nutrition, eat a healthy diet, and use MyFitnessPal to track what you're putting in your body! If you do this consistently, you too, will be surprised "What A Difference A Year Can Make!"

God Bless, Everyone. Endeavor to persevere!!! ~Rob

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!