I get scared when I remember what I used to eat like

Options
2»

Replies

• dotwilldoit
    dotwilldoit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do we, collectively we, need to move our focus from food as an emotional crutch rather than fuel? I am still muddling through this obviously. I keep learning from you all
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Do we, collectively we, need to move our focus from food as an emotional crutch rather than fuel? I am still muddling through this obviously. I keep learning from you all
    I think we do. I eat food for enjoyment, within my calories of course, as well as for fuel. I think I'd do well to learn to eat for fuel more often. But using ot as an emotional crutch really messes us up.

• red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think part of it is we can afford to over eat , just thinking of old movies where the rich guy was over weight ..

Good luck
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    rkg4228 wrote: »
    incisron wrote: »
    I think we do. I eat food for enjoyment, within my calories of course, as well as for fuel. I think I'd do well to learn to eat for fuel more often. But using ot as an emotional crutch really messes us up.

Stop lumping everyone into the same category as yourself. That's one thing I do not do...Eat as an emotional crutch.

Excuse me? Did I say we all DO eat as an emotional crutch? If it doesnt apply to you, dont respond. I think you felt the need to respond so nastily because of some insecurities you feel within yourself.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

For me, if I treat food as only fuel, there would be no reason to make it taste good or eat what I like or what have you. IIRC, the book Brave New World had meal pills that people took instead of eating. The pills had all the nutrition necessary for human survival. Taste and flavor are important to me.