Need to lose 100lbs! Need prayers & friends!!!

Options
Hi everyone, I am a newbie and aiming for 1000 miles in 2017! I am a Fitbit user and would love to have a few people to connect with, feel free to add me! I have 100 lbs to lose and quit smoking 4 months ago. Let's be honest, this is a DAUNTING challenge for me, at this time I am so overweight it is hard to even find work out clothes that fit much less do 3 miles a day! I'm gonna need all the prayers and support out there

Replies

• RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    You can do it! Congrats on quitting smoking! That right there proves you have the courage and determination to change your life! Yes, overall weight loss can seem daunting but you just have to keep making mini goals and conquer them one at a time. Just like you have racked up 4 months of being a non smoker, before you know it you'll have 4 months of logging meals and exercise
  • kikilieb
    kikilieb Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was just thinking the other day that I want to walk 1000 miles this year, because of the whole, "a journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step"

I also gave 100 pounds to lose, so we already have a couple things in common!

Friend request sent :)
  • SoyD986
    SoyD986 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat and would love to help each other see our goals completed in 2017!
  • AngelsCry
    AngelsCry Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I myself need to lose 90 pounds. But I really wouldn't mind losing the 100. I'm going to try hard this year as I really need to improve my life and confidence. Congrats on quitting, smoking can be very hard to quit. It takes a lot of willpower to overcome it. But this year should be dedicated to health!
  • Morningstar25
    Morningstar25 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I need to gain weight! I think a good way to lose weight is to go on a seafood diet. Nutrient rich and calorie low
  • rachel53223
    rachel53223 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great goal! I am breaking down my goals. Ultimatly 90lbs but am aiming for 30 lbs increments.
    Anyone else feel free to add me!
    Friend request sent @Jennimillerrn
  • Beeky_85
    Beeky_85 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck and well done on stopping smoking! :#

I'm going to start with a goal of 34lbs and work from there.... ;)
  • kimandgarybolton
    kimandgarybolton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Smoking is a massive thing to give up well done!!! Feel free to add me
  • SarahMacphail1
    SarahMacphail1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done on giving up.smoking.

Just under 100lbs to lose here and 1000 miles sounds a good challenge, feel free to add me.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a couple of years now, and I've seen a lot of success here. I wish you all luck in the new year.

And if you'd like a friend along the journey, feel free to add me.
  • sdmrtn86
    sdmrtn86 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and have over 200 pounds to lose! Love your attitude, and congrats on quitting smoking!
  • dreabear95
    dreabear95 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there so true everything that has been said. I am here to lose a 100 pounds or more as well. We all can learn from one another as well as motivate each other. For me the starting is easy it's the keeping going that's the hard part.
  • nhtrader437
    nhtrader437 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I also want to lose 100lbs. Feel free to add me and we can support each other. Good Luck!
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I, too, have over 100 pounds to lose. Congrats on quitting smoking. I'm also a former smoker... quit 3 years ago today. Anyone can add me.
  • carakit
    carakit Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking!! That is one daunting task right there and you have already overcame it!!!! Just take it one day at a time. I know you can do it! Feel free to add me.
  • patifitzgerald
    patifitzgerald Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am a newbie and aiming for 1000 miles in 2017! I am a Fitbit user and would love to have a few people to connect with, feel free to add me! I have 100 lbs to lose and quit smoking 4 months ago. Let's be honest, this is a DAUNTING challenge for me, at this time I am so overweight it is hard to even find work out clothes that fit much less do 3 miles a day! I'm gonna need all the prayers and support out there

You can do it! One day at a time!!! :)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well done on getting started! You've totally got this :smile: well done on quitting smoking, that's a huge step! It's always daunting to start with but once you find your rhythm it'll come naturally to you. Feel free to add me, I'm happy to help any time :smile:
  • amarillopotter
    amarillopotter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am here to lose 100 pounds too. I had a very stressful job and a long recuperation after having surgery on both of my feet. I ended up becoming very overweight from sitting all of the time. This is daunting for me as well since I am so out of shape from sitting so long. One wonders if the soreness from exercising will ever leave! Congrats to everyone here, I admire your strength and positive attitude-it is very encouraging to see that I am not alone in this. Feel free to add me.
  • Vegatron70
    Vegatron70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, not new to the site but a restart, or fresh start if that sounds better. I lost about 75lbs. while I was dedicated to this site and my diet. while getting my career started, I had to work a few high demanding jobs which took my away from the gym in combination to the birth of my daughter.

For me, diet and exercise are one in the same. without the one, the other quickly starts to diminish (this caused me to gain much of my weight back). I now have the career position which I was after for more than a year which gives me plenty of time for gym and family. My daughter is now 8 months old.

I've been on this quest before with great success and looking forward to share/swap stories and keep each other motivated along the way. I made it to 317 last time, I have my eye set at 299 and never wanting to see the 300+ mark again.

• MrsRDBean
    MrsRDBean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats on quitting smoking! I watched my Grandma go through that, it is rough - kudos to you on making it! I also have 100 pounds to lose (actually, 200!) - friend request sent. It will be great to have other people on the same tough journey to help stay motivated. W can do this!