Doing the Keto thing for IBS and other diet rants

Options
Hello,
If you're interested in what I've been going through with my IBS and keto diet check out my blog on this thing. This is my keto comeback and I use this site to track my micros. Now I'm using it to just put out what I feel about it and what's going on. I'm an active and healthy girl with some gut issues. I'll start talking about my workouts too and maybe even relationships and all that jazz. Food is so closely related to our non food lives that it's better to talk about both. There's always a reason why I feel like I want to binge on a million Snickers bars and it's not just because they taste amazing with all that sensuous chocolate laced with loads of sweet sugar. Fling in the nuts and caramel and make me melt.
Some legit stats: I'm a 36 yo girl that looks barely over 24 (not always a good thing). I'm pretty darn healthy but I just have a few gut issues that I'm trying to work out. To keep off my tush I head out on awesome mountain bike rides in CO, test my limits with downhilling, sling on a pack and head into the majestic mountains for a few days, strap on the slightly funky climbing shoes and slide into my trusted harness to grapple rocks, and attempt to get back into jogging like every month. I'm kinda nutty. Back in the day I used to run 30 miler jogs around Madison every weekend. My first and last race was the Ironman back home. For a couple years you could find me out on a two week cycling trip self supported. My future needs include hiking the Appalachian, cycling across the US, and attempting the gnarly ride the divide.

Replies

• anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since April for my seizure issue. It's awesome! Is love more keto friends!
  • GrowingGlow
    GrowingGlow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nice good for you! It's great to hear the amazing changes keto can have. Food is definitely medicine and I hope more people begin to realize that. I've started a group called Living La Vida Keto where I'll be posting a bunch of stuff. Feel free to join it :)
  • alskaggs1
    alskaggs1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To heat a boiled egg, let them sit in hot water for about 4-5 minutes!
  • Gallenburg
    Gallenburg Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on a Keto diet too with a little bit of cutting cuz I bulked during holidays. And I gained a little from 54 to 58, but I'm back at my 54 kg body in just a week.
  • oreo1962
    oreo1962 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Going to start keto on Monday. The holidays were tough with my husband in the ICU. I need to do this for me....
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    lots of friendly knowledgeable low carbers and keto people over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

come and join us.