It has only been a month

Options
H2Ologist
H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
I started my weight loss journey just under a month ago at 277 lbs. I joined a weight loss challenge with my friend where the biggest loser gets $400. Seemed like a good incentive for me to learn to eat healthier and start exercising. I just had a baby in February, so I REALLY need to lose weight to be able to keep up with her once she starts crawling. ANYWAY, when I started this challenge and new way of life, they took our measurements and I was at 243.75 total (chest, ribs, waist, hips, thigh, and arm). Last night was our half way point and if we wanted to, they would measure us to see our progress. I LOST 7 INCHES IN A MONTH!!!!!!!!!! I'm down 13.5 pounds, and two pant sizes. It isn't drastic, but it sure feels good to see that my change in eating habitats are paying off. I haven't been doing much exercise as I have a desk job, and hour commute each way, and of course an infant to care for when I get home, but I have been getting out and walking during lunch everyday.
Oh, and my hubby won't keep his paws off me. :) That maybe the best reward. :P

Replies

• LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    YAY go you!!!!! Congratulations on your new baby and good luck with the rest of your journey :)
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    That is AMAZING!! Keep it up!! Seeing changes will def help keep motivation too!!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 7 inches in one month is pretty drastic to me!!! (the good kind). Keep it up!
  • jiggs31
    jiggs31 Posts: 117
    Options
    Excellent - keep going!!!
  • mummymichelle
    mummymichelle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Well done :) xx
  • H2Ologist
    H2Ologist Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • thebuxompilgrim
    thebuxompilgrim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go! :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    How did you do it? Im the same been here for a month and have lost 13lbs but only like 2" and I work out everyday (i also have a desk job lol) :( help me! Great job though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!