Why was 2016 your best year ever?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd say it was my best year ever, but it was pretty good. :)

See my blog for details:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Machka9/view/highlights-of-2016-907443
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    No year is only bad - Yes 2016 was not a year that on the bigger scale than just me that will go down in my books as a good year. However for me personally it was not a bad year.
    Some highlights

- I decided to start a new post grad course, not only that I managed to convince my employer to pay for it. It may lead to a change of career, but most of all I just love learning/studying and it has given me so much already. A lot of it has to do with increased confidence due to my weightloss.
    - For my best friends wedding I made my dress, my husbands waistcoat and his regency coat. All of them were at the top end of my sewing skill set and they all came out great. Lots of compliments.
    - I joined a gym and took up serious weight training. Loving it.
    - I did my first run of over 1kmwithout stopping Given my asthma that is a major for me
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I have 105 reasons why it was great
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    2016 had its ups and downs but that's called life. :) But for me it was pretty darned fabulous as I became a grandma for the first time! On November 23rd we welcomed our grandson into the world and that far outweighed the missed fitness goals (correction...completely neglected fitness goals), the looooong hours at work for 6 months due to a new software conversion and all the other little things that seem to throw a person a curve ball once in a while.

I in no way mean to make light of things that have happened in other's lives because there are many that have suffered terrible losses, injuries or other setbacks. Those things make it hard to find any joy in life. But for myself I try to stay positive and believe that every day I wake up is a good day. It may be a sad day, a stressful day or a frustrating day but it's still another day that I have. :)
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It was a good year overall! I lost 40 lbs, am fit as ever, two of my children become engaged to wonderful life partners, and my husband had a huge success at work (my work is going well, too). I am so excited for 2017! We have two weddings coming and who knows what else! Blessings to all of you!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    OP congrats on the weight loss and the new additions to your family. 2016 was my best year ever because I continued my weightloss/fitness journey and lost an additional 51.5lbs for a total of 132.5lbs. My doctor took me off all medications, HBP, High Cholesterol, and Diabetes. I ran my first officially timed 5k. I joined a fabulous gym and signed up with a personal trainer and met some wonderful health and fitness minded people. They offer awesome encouragement and support. I reached my goal size...size 8 but not my goal weight...but that is ok only 8 or 9lbs to go. Looking forward to 2017. Hoping to lose those last few lbs and take my fitness journey to a whole new level.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I posted this in a different thread...

My very first weigh-in of 2016 and my very last weigh-in of 2016 were EXACTLY the same...179.8. But that isn't bothering me one bit! I've gone down a pants size. I went from not being able to do one pull-up to able to do five in a row (2017 goal is ten in a row). I deadlifted 315 pounds (2017 goal is 350). I was able to put big girl plates on the bench and bench it, and then I maxed out even more than that, 160 pounds.

2016 was AWESOME!!! But the scale doesn't show it. This is why we celebrate our NSVs!!!
  • JustLikeJordin
    JustLikeJordin Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And yes despite it all it was the best year for me yet!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!