This is it!

Options
In two weeks we will be facing a new year and probably new challenges. My challenge is to find the strength within myself to not fall off the wagon and fall back into the rut of a bad diet. This past year I lost a total of 15lbs. It wasn't for lack of trying. It was for lack of motivation.

They say it takes four weeks for you to truly notice a difference. I saw the difference, it just wasn't drastic enough. So I would fall back into the rut of eating out and celebrating with sweets and munching on candy left and right.

But no more. This time I vow that I will stick to my plan and find motivation in everyone to keep going. I have a cruise coming up for my 36th birthday and I want to feel good while on it. I want to be able to hike Dunn River Falls and go exploring ruins in Mexico. That's what I'm motivated for.

What's everyone's motivation and goals for the upcoming year?

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

My goals are lifting the world, creating more relationships, and trying out new things in no particular order
  • BadApple2014
    BadApple2014 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    newbie3122 wrote: »
    You can do it!

My goals are lifting the world, creating more relationships, and trying out new things in no particular order

I believe you will do it. Trying new things is also my goal too this year. I hope you accomplish everything you set out to do
  • Gardengal1222
    Gardengal1222 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goals are to eat healthier in 2017 and continue with my weight loss journey. I have 25 more pounds to lose. I want to be trim for my daughters wedding in June. I want to wear a nice gown and look attractive. I already lost 34 pounds since this past June. I am on the right track and do not want to get sidetracked in any way. This is my motivation right now.
    A cruise is an awesome motivator .....you can do this...you know it!
  • rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great motivator. Look at some pics and imagine yourself there, then remember that you actually will do those things and you'll be able to remember it forever. I almost did Dunn River Falls (I'm not going to get into my Ocho Rios story... though I'll recommend you use a reputable tour agency even if it costs more).

Try to tell as many people as possible about what you want to do and why -- here is a start. The more you commit yourself to succeeding the more likely you will be to do it.
  • lucasangels
    lucasangels Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to your story especially sticking to this new journey.

I have been doing this for two months now.. Exercising 6 days a week, Eating clean as much as possible, Taking progress pics and watching others weight loss journeys via YouTube. It's truly a new way of living, but I love it.

My main motivation is my 6 month old, beautiful, brown-eyed granddaughter
  • BadApple2014
    Options
    My goals are to eat healthier in 2017 and continue with my weight loss journey. I have 25 more pounds to lose. I want to be trim for my daughters wedding in June. I want to wear a nice gown and look attractive. I already lost 34 pounds since this past June. I am on the right track and do not want to get sidetracked in any way. This is my motivation right now.
    A cruise is an awesome motivator .....you can do this...you know it!

Congrats on your daughter's wedding! You got this! You're already down 34lbs. Congrats on that! I too don't want to get sidetracked. Looks like we both have great motivation!

• BadApple2014
    Options
    rks581 wrote: »
    That sounds like a great motivator. Look at some pics and imagine yourself there, then remember that you actually will do those things and you'll be able to remember it forever. I almost did Dunn River Falls (I'm not going to get into my Ocho Rios story... though I'll recommend you use a reputable tour agency even if it costs more).

Try to tell as many people as possible about what you want to do and why -- here is a start. The more you commit yourself to succeeding the more likely you will be to do it.

I will keep that in mind! I've heard horror stories about not using reputable tour sources. I don't want to be one of those stories.
  • pmb0602
    pmb0602 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a cruise coming up for my 36th birthday and I want to feel good while on it. I want to be able to hike Dunn River Falls and go exploring ruins in Mexico. That's what I'm motivated for.

Sounds like you and I have the same goal!! I have a cruise in May and want to be able to explore the ruins minus 20 pounds so my knees won't bother me. Of course feeling better in a bathing suit on beach is another motivator :)

• BadApple2014
    Options
    pmb0602 wrote: »
    I have a cruise coming up for my 36th birthday and I want to feel good while on it. I want to be able to hike Dunn River Falls and go exploring ruins in Mexico. That's what I'm motivated for.

Sounds like you and I have the same goal!! I have a cruise in May and want to be able to explore the ruins minus 20 pounds so my knees won't bother me. Of course feeling better in a bathing suit on beach is another motivator :)

We'll get there! Absolutely