Planet Fitness Is The Worst Gym In Existence

Options
lachiespior
lachiespior Posts: 14 Member
edited December 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
We have all had bad experiences with gyms and often the people in them, but i continually see Planet Fitness being constantly ridiculed for being extremely judge mental and not caring for their patrons!? I did some research and i found heaps of videos of them even kicking people out of their gym!? I found this article about why PlanetFitness Kills Gains idealtestosterone.com/planet-fitness-mistakes/ and i wanted to know if you guys agree with it? or have your own opinions on the gym? not sure whether to join or not!

Replies

• lachiespior
    lachiespior Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I think it is probably location dependent and what your personal goals are. That being said, I workout primarily at home. No sharing the cage.

Thanks for your input! Do you workout at home purely to avoid the gym crowds?
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was a member there for some time but decided I wanted more from a gym. And I got it - but it cost more. If you only want to spend $10 a month it is not going to be the Taj Mahal. The one I went to wasn't bad, and I got what I paid for.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of their advertising campaigns.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of their advertising campaigns.

Same.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Not a Planet Fitness member but I do have a free pass in my purse :) I have thought about changing but their hours don't work for me at my local locations. I have been a member of 24 Hour Fitness and for the most part I can agree that different locations have different personalities - I rotate 4 locations. If you can get in a workout without being irritated by the other patrons, then I would consider that a good gym.

My general irritants are hearing people talking and/or smelling them (good or bad)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no strong feelings about PF. I find their advertising less offensive than those disgusting teratoma-like rats that Quiznos used in its commercials several years ago.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    The biggest issue I have with PF is they do not accept credit cards. I do not want to be caught up in the mess if when they get hacked and my checking account gets drained.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    It works fine for what it is: a wad of glorified hamster wheels marketed to those who accept mediocrity as acceptable. Unfortunately, given that they have spread like the plague, there are clearly a lot of people that fit that description.
  • Cappy29
    Cappy29 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In my estimation, if you want to build muscle Planet Fitness isn't the place to do it. To do that you must lift heavy, which means grunting and dropping weights. I'm not talking about becoming a body builder I'm talking about increasing mass. I avoid that gym because of that. After reading your linked piece, it seems to me PF wants people to join and not come. You know pay for a year without going. The owner of the gym I lift at calls it, "making a donation to the cause." There are other, better gyms. Good luck.