Options
    As a distance runner:

You should lift heavy weights
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    UltraTacks wrote: »
    I'm sick of reading..... accountability buddy..... Be accountable to yourself....
    I understand. I've had to learn to be accountable to myself, but it wasn't easy and the need for someone to hold you accountable can sometimes be felt when you feel out of control.
  • UnderGroundMusic
    UnderGroundMusic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "It's a special day. Might as well make it a cheat day"

"Just have one and walk it off later."

Ugh. Kindly *kitten* off, please.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "You don't want to become too muscular. Women are supposed to have some cushion!"

"Your thighs are huge." Thanks, I couldn't tell when I try to pull my pants up over them :/
  • incisron
    Options
    TLC227 wrote: »
    "You don't want to become too muscular. Women are supposed to have some cushion!"

"Your thighs are huge." Thanks, I couldn't tell when I try to pull my pants up over them :/

Omg! Punch them in the face.
  • incisron
    edited January 2017
    Options
    "Girl, why did you eat only the hot dogs I served you and not the beans?"
    The hot dogs and beans are both good, thanks, but the two hot dogs themselves with their buns are 500+ calories altogether. That's about how much I can eat for dinner tonight. The beans can be eaten tomorrow. :( sorry
    "Girl, why did you only eat half of this huge pancake I made and soaked with syrup?"
    :/ I'm trying to be careful of what I eat. Of course I don't say it aloud. I feel shy about my weight loss efforts and tracking my food. I really don't like talking about it, but feel as if food is often being pushed on me by my fam.
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    " You will get sick if you don't eat meat"
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    The hot dogs and beans are both good, thanks, but the two hot dogs themselves with their buns are 500+ calories altogether. That's about how much I can eat for dinner tonight. The beans can be eaten tomorrow. :( sorry
    "Girl, why did you only eat half of this huge pancake I made and soaked with syrup?"
    :/ I'm trying to be careful of what I eat. Of course I don't say it aloud. I feel shy about my weight loss efforts and tracking my food. I really don't like talking about it, but feel as if food is often being pushed on me by my fam.

I feel ya. I feel like if I don't eat what everyone else is having, I'll be offending somebody. But good on you for trying to watch portion sizes while still eating their food! It seems like that's basically the only thing to do in this sort of situation.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TLC227 wrote: »

Omg! Punch them in the face.

I was tempted to LOL
    I don't mind comments (within reason), but random people making unsolicited comments about my body weirds me out, especially when they're trying to tell me how I should look.
  • incisron
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

I feel ya. I feel like if I don't eat what everyone else is having, I'll be offending somebody. But good on you for trying to watch portion sizes while still eating their food! It seems like that's basically the only thing to do in this sort of situation.

Thx :)
  • incisron
    Options
    You should do cardio and crunches only. Weights will make you bulky
    You're out for a coffee AND a cake :astonished: I thought you were on a diet?
    You look like you haven't lost anything this week, I told you this diet won't work for you
    Lol you "look" like you haven't lost this week. That's so dumb.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,791 Member
    Options
    Me ordering dinner: "I'll have the roasted salmon with veggies" or "No, I don't want a drink, iced tea is fine"
    Dinner companion 1: "Oh, you're being good" (passes me the basket of cheese bread after I already ate a piece)
    Me: "No thanks, I don't want any more"
    Dinner companion 1: "I don't want you to feel deprived"

Waitress addressing dinner companion 2: "Dessert comes with your dinner"
    Dinner companion 2: "No thank you"
    Dinner companion 1 turns to me: "Do you want her dessert?"
    Me later: "I'm surprised you didn't insist that she eat it. You would have with me"
    Dinner companion 1: "She doesn't need it. You do."

Alrighty then...
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here are the things I hate hearing and the responses that go through my head. Sometimes they even come out of my mouth.

"You know diet sodas will make you gain weight, right?"
    Actually, no. They won't.

"I wish it was that easy for me!"
    I wish it was easy for me, too!

"I don't have time for all that!"
    Because caring for my family and homeschooling four children leaves me with tons of free time on my hands.

"Girl, you need to eat more!"
    You need to eat less. A lot less.
  • incisron
    Options
    Here are the things I hate hearing and the responses that go through my head. Sometimes they even come out of my mouth.

"You know diet sodas will make you gain weight, right?"
    Actually, no. They won't.

"I wish it was that easy for me!"
    I wish it was easy for me, too!

"I don't have time for all that!"
    Because caring for my family and homeschooling four children leaves me with tons of free time on my hands.

"Girl, you need to eat more!"
    You need to eat less. A lot less.

I rarely talk about weight loss if I can avoid it, but once I happened to mention happily to one of my parents that I'd lost two lbs. The response was, "That's nice. I have other things to worry about than losing weight, I don't have time."
  • KiwiLifter
    KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    All I know is I never want to hear the words "skinny" or "thin" again. Neither should be something to aspire to.
  • mskimee
    mskimee Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I suffer from occasional hair loss, not much but enough that I notice it. Today I was telling my mum about a small patch that's gotten quite thin and got told "That's cos you lost so much weight in such a short amount of time"
    20lb isn't drastic weight loss and it took a year to lose. Believe me, it didn't feel like a short amount of time. Also, I've had this since I was 18, no matter what my weight was. i wish everyone would stop putting any health issues down to "That's cos you lost weight!!" :s