Chemically straightened hair and gym?

Options
bhanvi
bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
Can I go back to the gym 5 days after straightening my hair? Or would the hair tie leave a mark and I need to wait for some more days?
I feel like It would be awkward if i workout with my hair down.

Replies

• acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have you washed it yet? I only had to wait 3 days when I have had my treatment before I could wash and put it up and it was fine. Hair ties did not leave a permanent imprint. I did wash first.
  • morning_green
    morning_green Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Have you washed it yet? I only had to wait 3 days when I have had my treatment before I could wash and put it up and it was fine. Hair ties did not leave a permanent imprint. I did wash first.

How do you like the straighten ? I'm considering getting it done just so I can maintain my hair. Any thoughts?

• bhanvi
    bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I haven't washed it yet. I just read somewhere that hair shouldn't be tied for the first 2 weeks. But, like you said it didn't leave an imprint, i am considering putting it in a pony tail. Can i use any kind of hair tie?
  • nehaad88
    nehaad88 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you get those spring/coil like plastic-y hair ties. those are good. that wont slip out up you hair midway and wont leave a mark as your hair are not tied up too tight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!