I never feel 'full'

Options
I have a big problem with overeating and I have such a hard time tracking calories because I snack a lot and lose track... I find when I'm eating a meal, I never feel satisfied. It normally gets to the point that I eat until it hurts and I don't know how to fix this. I drink plenty of water every day, I could just eat forever.

Replies

• Control_Dopamine
    Control_Dopamine Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I cant look at your food logs..But what is your macro breakdown ? How much protein are you getting?
  • tarynopolis
    tarynopolis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just getting into the swing of this app.... I've used it on and off, I'm awful at tracking.

Carb 50, Fat 30, Protein 20
  • Got2GetIt1
    Got2GetIt1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's crazy but I will try again tomorrow. One day at a time.
  • Control_Dopamine
    Control_Dopamine Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just getting into the swing of this app.... I've used it on and off, I'm awful at tracking.

Carb 50, Fat 30, Protein 20

I'm guessing these are percentages. Try these carb 40 fat 25 protein 35 . Most people feel fuller on more protein , also since protein requires a little more energy to digest it cant hurt. What is your total calorie intake and your height and weight?
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Filling up on protein might help.
  • tarynopolis
    tarynopolis Posts: 17 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Protein is probably where I struggle. I follow a vegetarian diet, but to me I feel like I eat enough protein but my body is telling me otherwise? I tend to make that as an excuse for eating more, I think.
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Protein is probably where I struggle. I follow a vegetarian diet, but to me I feel like I eat enough protein but my body is telling me otherwise? I tend to make that as an excuse for eating more, I think.

Ive tried a vegan diet and felt that hunger feeling all the time. I was doing a very healthy diet, mostly plant based (nothing processed), plenty of vegan protein, all the vitamins, adequate calories, was doing everything the right way but animal protein is the only thing that made the hunger feeling in my stomach go away and felt better energy wise overall. I was experimenting with being vegan for health purposes so I will not try to tell you to change your diet since you may be doing it for moral reasons, just sharing my experience and what helped.
  • Sunnybaby3034
    Sunnybaby3034 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

snacking in between meals on Peanuts help curb appetite and they are good for you too
  • trevorw52
    trevorw52 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    yes you need to find what triggers your over eating we all over eat for a reason eg emotional. boredom. depression
  • em_schaefer
    em_schaefer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have this problem as well. I eat until I'm full. Often times feeling miserable after. But some of these tips actually make sense. I'm going to try it
  • Lostyourchariot
    Lostyourchariot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been experimenting with having several small courses, so say a little soup, or a grapefruit before my main course and a little dessert course, such as a small yoghourt and fruit, all served on attractive crockery. It slows down eating and allows your full-feeling to kick in (it takes about 20 minutes) and also means you have a new taste to look forward to at the end of one course, so you don't carry on gorging on the first taste.