Waiting for more help! :)

plutonn
plutonn Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everybody. It's Filiz from Turkey. I am 25 years old, 54kgs weight and 161 height. I have a long story about being fit. I was 71 kgs 2 years ago. I have decided to loose weight because in social network people really dont like fat people, its bad but the truth. I was invisible before loose weight.
I did hard sports to loose weight. I was walking about 12kms every day. And I tried to eat more proteins on my meals and well done for me! I did it.
But the hard part is staying in this position. I always want to eat something and cant stop myself. I have many receips with low calories but its not enough. How can you stop yourselves? I need advices. I am a research asistant in a university, I am always in lab. so i cant do much things and i am able to get fat easyly. Whats your advices please??

And if you need any advices, dont hesitate to add me:)

Replies

• 83StAyInFit41
    83StAyInFit41 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Filitz! Congrats for your journey and weightloss! I'm no professional, but it seems to me that in order to achieve your great results, you put your body into a little stress. You might want to give your metabolism time to catch up. Going into calorie deficit for a long period of time while hitting cardio workouts hard might have caused you to slower your basal metabolism down. So it is harder now to maintain your ideal weight.
    My advice for you is to switch it up a little. You might want to eat at maintenance or little above now, while still hitting your macros and keep protein intake slightly up. Sure you'll gain a little weight back, but don't worry, allow yourself the satisfaction given from good quality food and release the stress!
    Switch also exercises. You could stop doing cardio and focus more in simple body-weight exercises at your house (don't need no gym), so you'll also develop some muscular tone, wich will make you feel great and look more toned (which is also great for your social goals).
    Hope this Helps!
    Wish you well,

Eman
  • plutonn
    Hi Filitz! Congrats for your journey and weightloss! I'm no professional, but it seems to me that in order to achieve your great results, you put your body into a little stress. You might want to give your metabolism time to catch up. Going into calorie deficit for a long period of time while hitting cardio workouts hard might have caused you to slower your basal metabolism down. So it is harder now to maintain your ideal weight.
    My advice for you is to switch it up a little. You might want to eat at maintenance or little above now, while still hitting your macros and keep protein intake slightly up. Sure you'll gain a little weight back, but don't worry, allow yourself the satisfaction given from good quality food and release the stress!
    Switch also exercises. You could stop doing cardio and focus more in simple body-weight exercises at your house (don't need no gym), so you'll also develop some muscular tone, wich will make you feel great and look more toned (which is also great for your social goals).
    Hope this Helps!
    Wish you well,

Eman

No i never went to gym. I have step and pilates equipments at my home, every night I do 30-40 mins sports. I was 50 kgs at first and now I am 54 and yes i got a few kgs back:)
    I am doing squads and body tighthening movements for now, and jumping rope, are those ok for now?
    And you are right but I didnt keep myself far from foods. I love deserts and I really love icecream i was eating icecream when I am on a diet. So i dont know i have a hunger that never ends. I always think "what should i eat for now?" its really sucks x))
    And thank you for your advices it really helps:)
  • 83StAyInFit41
    83StAyInFit41 Posts: 6 Member
    You're welcome. Awesome! 30 minutes are plenty! Always keep perfect form on all exercises to prevent injury, and try to organize them as if you were training to reach a goal, that way you'll stay focused ( I'd seek professional help on this, so you know that what you are doing is functional and not random).
    Also I'd limit any refined sugar intake, and soft beverages! Not your first choice!
    Sorry to tell you that! Lol
  • plutonn
    Hahah i know it, unfortunately and in my opinion ice cream is one of the innocent one from other deserts. :smile:
  • WalkingDeadFrank
    WalkingDeadFrank Posts: 124 Member
    edited January 2017
    plutonn wrote: »
    Hello everybody. It's Filiz from Turkey. I am 25 years old, 54kgs weight and 161 height. I have a long story about being fit. I was 71 kgs 2 years ago. I have decided to loose weight because in social network people really dont like fat people, its bad but the truth. I was invisible before loose weight.
    I did hard sports to loose weight. I was walking about 12kms every day. And I tried to eat more proteins on my meals and well done for me! I did it.
    But the hard part is staying in this position. I always want to eat something and cant stop myself. I have many receips with low calories but its not enough. How can you stop yourselves? I need advices. I am a research asistant in a university, I am always in lab. so i cant do much things and i am able to get fat easyly. Whats your advices please??

And if you need any advices, dont hesitate to add me:)

Welcom Filitz,

83 made some good points.

I workout at a gym and my house. Buy a few resistance bands for the house and go online and watch videos from personal trainers, they're only about 15 minutes long but they incorporate your entire body with physical fitness.

I ALWAYS think about food and this has never gone away. 83 is correct, achieving more muscle will help you burn more calories throughout the day. I'm 194 pounds with 14% BF and I enjoy the extra muscle on my frame since I can eat more daily.

I would recommend to buy a good fitness watch that will show you how many calories you have burned and use this app to log your food. Is concept, calories in versus calories out.
  • plutonn
    Thank you Frank, I am thinking about to get one, you are right. As you are saying, I watch fitnessblender's (youtube channel) videos online and they have many good workout videos. Its cold in here cant walk but at home I do step and pilates every night.
    But my metabolism is so slow. It was always slow. I drink green tea, I eat quinces and I drink coffee etc. but nothing helps me to make faster my metabolism. Thats the reasom why I get fat easily in my opinion. I read a lot about sports and foods and health advices. And I tried many things, results are fine yes, I loose weight and I feel more more more healthy but keeping it stabil is what matters to be honest.