8lbs on over Christmas?

Options
So imagine that, I have managed to put on 8lbs in 2 weeks. Is that even possible or will most of that be water? I did so well Christmas day but the week between Christmas and New Years day I managed to graze on everything in site, no restraint was shown if I'm honest.

Back on track today though so all is good.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I put on 8kgs in a week a few years ago (on honeymoon)..... Lots of it was fluid, I lost 5-6kgs in a week after coming home
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    8lb on of pure fat would be hard to do. It takes a while to put on as it does to come off. As you suggest, it's likely a mixture of things. The time of day you weighed yourself compared to the last, the natural changes in body weight day to day, change in salt intake and activity leading to change in water retention, some fat and so on.

I stopped training and while I didn't go wild, my nutrition was way off compared to normal. Kinda just accept it and press on
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Given all your past posts I can't help but feel that this is a good thing.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    You know whether it's possible or not, based on how much you ate. Did you eat 28,000 calories over maintenance? If not, then it's not all fat.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I've seen you post here often so I'm surprised you're asking this. I went from 113 pounds up to 119 after Christmas. I'm already back down to where I was. Weight fluctuates.
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I tracked nothing but 28,000 calories no way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dave_in_ni wrote: »
    I tracked nothing but 28,000 calories no way.

It's probably water weight.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I gained about 4 pounds since Thanksgiving. I ate & drank everything, logged nothing & rarely exercised.

Try to remember this journey is not linear. It's a small set back. The holidays are over. You are back on track. Forward ho. We can do this.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale the monday after christmas just for fun. I was up 6lbs. Almost all of it went away within a week. I'm now back to where I was pre christmas weight wise.
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'd imagine it'll be mostly water
    This is down to high sodium foods and also alcohol
    I wouldn't worry about it
    I've gained about 5lb
    It'll come off by next week
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    8lb holiday gain for me, too. Fat? Water? Bloat? A little fat, a lot of water bloat most likely. Oh well, I plan for this every year; it's the single holiday time in which I go hog wild (still, I'm more moderate than in the past). There's 51 other weeks in the year to be on plan.
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am also up 8lbs since Christmas. I know most of it is bloat as I didn't eat that much out of the ordinary. It's slow coming off (only 2 lbs of it gone since Christmas) but I know if will. I got back to work tomorrow and will get back into a routine so hopefully that will help0
  • dave_in_ni
    Options
    8lb holiday gain for me, too. Fat? Water? Bloat? A little fat, a lot of water bloat most likely. Oh well, I plan for this every year; it's the single holiday time in which I go hog wild (still, I'm more moderate than in the past). There's 51 other weeks in the year to be on plan.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna go wild but I said f*** it, I've been good all year. I imagine a couple of weeks I'll be back to where I started.

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    A lot of that will be water weight and will go super quick once you're back on it and eating well/exercising! I slipped off a little before Christmas for a number of different reasons and have put on about 12lb. That's life though! I had a good time and I'm now refocused and ready to get that off and more :smile: best of luck!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This is where doing the math comes in handy...
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I haven't got on the scales but my skinny jeans still fit. I feel fat, though, and will be glad to get back into work if only to get my routine back.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've put on 15 lb since December 23. I make no promises for 'how long' this will take, but I will be back in a calorie deficit tomorrow, and probably even today, and the vacation weight will be lost before the next vacation.
  • dave_in_ni
    Options
    3lbs down already guys in the space of 24 hours. Probably worried over nothing.