DOING INSANITY...I AM ALWAYS STARVING HELP!!!!!!!

TAMMY_76
TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
I am currently finishing up week 2 of Insanity and ever since I started I am always starving, my calorie intake is anywere between 1400-1800, I am so scared to try going over that,I dont follow the meal plan because it is so high in sodium please can someone help or suggest what i can do to ease this constant hunger

Replies

• i was too till i talked to my doctor and she said that if i was to loose as much as i wanted to i should do it in a years time....... im not so hungrey now and also this diet program is a shock to those who have never done it before. i hope this helps..... let me know if you have questions!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 351 Member
    i heard you burn over 1000 calories doing that workout i would suggest eating more fruits and vegetables and foods high in fiber and lots of lean proteins
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Listen to your body and up your calories some. If you don't your more likely to bing and eat things you shouldn't
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Listen to your body and up your calories some. If you don't your more likely to bing and eat things you shouldn't
  • ckclontz
    ckclontz Posts: 68
    Oh honey, if you're starving, you'll binge when you stop. I don't know what meal plan you are using, but the one I'm on is high in protein - both meats and dairy-based, and very high in fresh or frozen vegetables. It's also very low in sodium, and I'm not hungry - ever! If you'd like, friend me and I'll be glad to share with you what I'm doing and the list of foods I'm working from. My plan is doctor-monitored, so I can absolutely guarantee that it is healthy.

I am on 1400 cals a day, and I'm finding it hard to eat that much. I only have two servings of fruits a day, only two servings of starches a day (bread, pasta, or starchy veggies), and everything else is a run-with-it.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Are you using an HRM to know how much you are burning for sure? I got one a little over a week ago and my workouts were burning 100-200 cal per day more than I thought and I wasn't getting all 1200 some days, I might have been under eating without really knowing it. Very hungry some days.
  • Heres what i do, i look up different food with low calories to stay within my 1000-1200 calorie intake. Example: 12 cherries is 49 cals, 1/2 fozen banana 45 cals, V8 juice and resently whenever I'm hungrey but i have to stick to my diet plan i drink tea with artificial sugar. I hope this helps. <3
  • carriejolittle
    carriejolittle Posts: 2 Member
    I am doing the Insanity work out. week 5. Some days I am more hungry than others. I usually try to eat more food with less calories. breakfast could be: banana, oatmeal and an apple. This helps me feel full. Don't starve just eat good portions. Oh! and eat egg whites you can have 5 of those and that's about 100 calories. Add veggies to the eggs and have some toast. I hear whole grain digests better. I hope this helps. I usually eat slowly as well.

Also cook at home. Homemade tacos are less calories.
  • bfields15
    bfields15 Posts: 1
    I have done insanity on and off...

You HAVE to eat over your calorie goal to compensate for that which you are burning. Be sure and eat protein rich foods as well as sodium rich. The reason their Meal plans are so high in sodium is because of all the sweating you do..(do you sweat alot doing it?),,,if so, the food is to replenish what has been excreted. You want to prevent dehydration.

Also, try eating filling foods that help you urinate alot..i.e. watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, etc.

But all in all, EAT! it's OK! Just not alot of junk. Several (5-6) small meals during the day..I eat breakfast, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 3, workout and then dinner...

Hope this helps!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,004 Member
    I think you could safely eat quite a bit more than 1400 to 1800 calories/day and still lose. You are doing a really intense, calorie-burning workout there. I'd be hungry too!
  • richardzaccone
    richardzaccone Posts: 13 Member
    buy cantalope, watermelon, fresh celery stalks etc and binge on those types of foods; Eat to your hearts content!
    Remember you didnt gain all of weight at one time, dont expect to lose it all at one time.
    Give yourself a break, relax and remind yourself, diet and excersize are a WAY of LIFE.
    No go nuke some popcorn less butter and watch a movie, knowing that Tomorrow you will have even more confidence and determination to SUCCEED, than you did the day before!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    It all falls under the mantra of eating your exercise calories. Your metabolism will thank you in the long run. Constantly under eating will show in your performance and your energy levels to perform Insanity routines. At this point, constant hunger means that your body is asking for more fuel. This is my helpful reply. Further questioning will result in trolling. That is all.
  • TAMMY_76
    hi guys my heart rate monitor says i only burn between 300-400 calories doing Insanity,i do sweat but not a whole lot,sodium really make me put on weight so i need to be eating more sodium?
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Insanity is definitely a high burning calorie workout due to the interval training. I have not been able to figure out how to get an accurate calorie burn from doing a workout. I have seen estimate of around 250 to 300 calories.

Have you considered doing a meal replacement/protein shake after your workout? The one I use only has 140 calories and 17 g of protein. Just something to consider.
  • TAMMY_76
    It all falls under the mantra of eating your exercise calories. Your metabolism will thank you in the long run. Constantly under eating will show in your performance and your energy levels to perform Insanity routines. At this point, constant hunger means that your body is asking for more fuel. This is my helpful reply. Further questioning will result in trolling. That is all.

LOL what is trolling
  • anubis609

LOL what is trolling

m220712844.jpg

w220582380.gif
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 22,004 Member
    A heart rate monitor is just guessing at your calories burned. Granted, it's an educated guess, but it's still a guess. I think they're more accurate for some people than others. For me, no so much. I get low numbers with mine too, so I just quit using it. :tongue: Seriously. My way of thinking is that I want to eat the most I can possibly eat and still get the results I want. If you are hungry, that's a pretty good sign that you need to be eating more. What's the harm in upping your calories for a while and seeing what happens? At the least, you'll quit starving. At best, you'll discover you really can eat more and still lose weight. :flowerforyou:
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    I have done insanity on and off...

You HAVE to eat over your calorie goal to compensate for that which you are burning. Be sure and eat protein rich foods as well as sodium rich. The reason their Meal plans are so high in sodium is because of all the sweating you do..(do you sweat alot doing it?),,,if so, the food is to replenish what has been excreted. You want to prevent dehydration.

Also, try eating filling foods that help you urinate alot..i.e. watermelon, cantelope, honeydew, etc.

But all in all, EAT! it's OK! Just not alot of junk. Several (5-6) small meals during the day..I eat breakfast, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 3, workout and then dinner...

Hope this helps!

I completely agree! When I did Insanity I had to eat nearly 2,000 calories a day. And I still lost weight. Your body is telling you it needs fuel! So fill up on healthy stuff.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    It also depends on how much effort you are putting into it. And what Anubis said.
  • anubis609
    It also depends on how much effort you are putting into it. And what Anubis said.

w220711485.gif
This discussion has been closed.