Starting over with a wedding in 7 months!

Options
So a few years ago I mfp'd my way to losing a couple of stone. Then I met my other half and to be honest stopped exercising and calorie counting because I was enjoying life (yup, not ashamed to admit the main reason I was able to exercise religiously was because I had nothing better to do with my life).
So fast forward a couple of years and I've put it all back on plus more. I've also since had a fibromyalgia diagnosis and have been having a lot of problems with my muscles and joints as a result.
But, the crazy man wants to marry me! So this year I have two goals I would like to hit..
1) lose some weight so I feel comfortable being the bride
2) (this is a maybe due to health) we are going to the lake district with the in-laws in August and I would love to go up scafell pike with them all rather than being left behind for the day.
No pressure eh? As you can see, I'm in dire need of motivation and friends to help me stay on track!

Replies

• ShowKitten
    ShowKitten Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I feel very similar to you! I lost lots of weight, met my other half and put it on and more. I was just too happy to care! Now our wedding is in 10 months and I really need back on track - the thought of dresses And photographs is terrifying me.
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Similar situation. Met my other half and gained 30 pounds.... He has not popped the question yet but I'd like to get back to a healthier lifestyle before he does.

Add me!
  • cagsmommy
    cagsmommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be the mother of the groom in August and also have had physical injuries and fibromyalgia and arthritis so I've been struggling. I had gastric sleeve surgery in 2011 and dropped 50 lbs and have been struggling to drop 50 more. A lot of my issues are in my head so I need to quiet the voices and let myself be happy and healthy.
    Looking for friends to support and share our journeys with
    Gretchen in rainy MS
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've sent friend requests to everyone. Day one and so far I've done 2 dog walks and stayed under my calorie goal with some nommy food. Start as you mean to go on!
  • cccttt888
    cccttt888 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm restarting tomorrow and my motivation is partly my sister's wedding in May. I've gained a lot of weight over the last couple years and am dreading the family photos as well as seeing relatives and old friends after gaining.

Feel free to add me too. I will be logging in my diary everyday and am happy to cheer people on! This is our year!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im getting married in august. ive lost 80 over the past 2 years. 30 to go. if i lose it, i lose it, and if i dont, i still gain the worlds best husband, who loves me and wants to be with me, regardless.
  • jinamarie30
    jinamarie30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I met my husband, then gained at least 30-35 lbs. He proposed to me Oct. 2013 & Jan of 2014, I started my weight loss with MFP. I lost 30 lbs by Sept. (our wedding month) & we got pregnant that Dec. & NOW I am 50 lbs overweight.. I feel like MFP is the only thing that works well enough for me. I had a gym membership as well during my weight loss before. Good luck! I need motivation!