First exercise/workout of 2017

Options
Machka9
Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
What was your first exercise/workout of 2017? :)

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Went on a hike today.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Rest days today and tomorrow. Gym is closed and Sunday is always my rest day.

First training session of the year will be on Tuesday. Supersetted squat fun followed by deadlifts. With some back isolation work after. Super excited to get in and take out this last week of crazy volume before getting back into strength and power work to lead into nationals.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I pushed 1002.5 lbs on the prowler sled. PR to start the year! (After a warmup and several runs starting at 400 lbs and adding two plates at a time)
  • CranstonJ2016
    CranstonJ2016 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today I did cardio and worked the machines a bit. I want to start incorporating weights into my work outs. I'm mot sure how though....this is the year to learn though!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Today was an off day for my strength program so I did some HIIT on the treadmill, and for s**** and giggles I fooled around on one of the machines at the gym that I abandoned right before I started picking up real weights. That machine where you push back with each leg, the glute exercise one... Last time I did it I was only able to do 80lbs and now I max out the machine's 185lb :D
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I did a FitnessBlender lower body strength/cardio workout.

Lots of squat pulses. All the burn! Woo!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me. The best I could do was sneak off for 10 minutes on the rowing machine. I shouldn't admit this publicly, but I didn't even change my clothes for it.

Big plans tomorrow though. At a minimum I will play tennis for 2 hours in the morning and head to the gym for strength training in the afternoon. Had a wonderful time with family and friends this holiday season but I am oh so glad to be getting back on track again.
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ny treadmill
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I did my Legs workout.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I did my usual day 3 lifting session since I missed it on the weekend...hip thrusts, step-ups, lunges, deadlifts, rows, pushups, cable kickbacks
  • KJM99217
    KJM99217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started with Country Heat's Country Swing today. It was a great little reminder of just how out of shape I am. I did it in my living room... Even better!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Leg day :)
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Leg day :)

Same!
  • RedMiataAZ
    RedMiataAZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Arc Trainer 55 minutes. Once I got going tried to maintain heart rate of 160 bpm. Did pretty goo until the 50 minute mark. Haven't worked out for a month...and I felt it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was deadlift day! Yay! Plus I downloaded a Zombie run app, and played around with it. I only did the first 18 minutes of the first mission, but it seemed fun. My profile pick is my dog hanging out on the treadmill with me yesterday.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of stronglifts at 5 am on New Years Day. Needless to say, I was the only one in the gym haha
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Nothing yet, tore the ligaments on my right ankle last week, so a bit limited in my ability to do much at the moment :(
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options

Nothing yet, tore the ligaments on my right ankle last week, so a bit limited in my ability to do much at the moment :(

Oh no! I'm wondering about rowing, seems like it could be a possibility. Do you have access to a rowing machine by chance?

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options

Oh no! I'm wondering about rowing, seems like it could be a possibility. Do you have access to a rowing machine by chance?

I have a Water tower, but the tank is in need of a repair.

I do have a turbo trainer that I'll be using fairly soon as I do need to keep my CV fitness up, with a Marathon in 10 weeks.