Weight Loss Challenge!! Fit by Summer! January-June

Options
JacquiMarie70
JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
Hey Everyone!
I've done challenges before with friends and family. I love them and it helps motivate me a lot!
I'd love to start this challenge for anyone who wants to join and help keep one another accountable throughout the challenge.
All we have to do is keep in touch, make sure we're staying within our personal goals, and by the summer we should all be either at our goal or a lot closer to it then we are now.
Let's all start by introducing ourself and tell each other our goals we want to achieve by June!
My name is Jacqui, I'll be 30 on Friday and I weigh 205.5 pounds. I started at 210. I've been yo-yoing for a couple years. I'm on a mission to get to my goal weight-which is 140 pounds. I'd be happy with 150. By June, I wish to be there. That is going really hard at eating clean, walking my dog on longer and more often walks then our norm, and by working out 7 days a week. That is my goal to be a healthier me :)
Feel free to add me as a friend in here, post recipe ideas, inspirational quotes and just have fun!
Thanks and hope to see you all soon!
Jacqui

Replies

• nadineel17
    nadineel17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in
    My name is Nadine,I will be 33 on April I weigh 233 pounds.I started 2014 and reach 177 before and put it all back :s:'( .I am determined to reach my goal again. I would love to be 170pounds by June. I am a mum of 3 children .
  • McMakinTX
    McMakinTX Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When will the challenge start?
  • yabuakell8
    yabuakell8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too I want
    Im yoanna 22 years old i want to lose 15 kg until may because my weeding
    Add me
  • elinorwoodhall
    elinorwoodhall Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ellie , I aim to get rid of 24-28 lb .
    I'm in and ready for the challenge. X
  • PandraBear
    PandraBear Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar. I'm Kris and I'm 31 - for the next few weeks, at least. I'm up to 290 now. These challenges in MFP were good for me before. I had lost 85 lbs and gotten down into ONEderland, but gained it all back. I've had this struggle for most of my life, and now it's ruining my relationships and health. My goal weight would be to get back down under 200, but realistically I doubt this would happen before June. I'll be happy if I'm able to lose 30lbs in months with my schedule. I'm here for the accountability and support that I desperately need, and to give it to others who also need or want it.
  • CassaJay23
    CassaJay23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! This is the biggest I've ever been. After some injuries and a baby, it turned to pure laziness and me giving up ever getting my body back. However - I'm going to try again. I'm 27 and 231. In the end, I'd like to get back down to about 145 but I'd be thrilled to get down to about 180 by June! Feel free to add me!
  • mmahorn
    mmahorn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle and I'm 28years old, I have put on a whole load ad weight (6 stones to be exact) with my two pregnancies, that all took place within the last 2 and a half years and one of the pregnancies was twins. Now a mum of three I need to be agile and fit again. Looking to lose 40-50lbs by June.

We can do this!!!
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm in!!! I am Brande 41yrs old, Goal is to workout 6days a week for ATLEAST 30 minutes (admit it , some days you just don't feel like it lol). Also I'd like to be down 40lbs by June 1!

Let's go!
  • damachine60
    damachine60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, Sounds like good motivation. I'm Janique, I am 43 yrs old. My goal is to continue to work out 5 days a week and maybe up it to 6 days. I want to eat better. I have been on my fitness pal for several years and recently realized that when I signed up 3 years ago, my start weight was what I have been trying to get back to. I want to get back there and then some by June so my goal is to lose 20 pounds, hopefully mostly fat.

How do we keep in touch and support one another?
  • jessclm1
    jessclm1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Jessica.I am 33 years old and I'm at my biggest 245.My goal is to lose 40 lbs by June.I have to set small goals to stay on track.My goal is to workout atleast 4 days a week.Thanks I think this will be motivation.
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for joining...My apologies for not responding. I'm usually pretty good at that and will always check in a couple times a day. I lost my Gam this week, actually the day after I posted this so I've been with family and a bit overwhelmed. Tomorrow's my weight in day. I'll be weighing in every Monday. As far as the start date goes, whenever anyone joins the challenge they can start and they can try and reach their goal by summer! Xo
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    jessclm1 wrote: »
    Hello, My name is Jessica.I am 33 years old and I'm at my biggest 245.My goal is to lose 40 lbs by June.I have to set small goals to stay on track.My goal is to workout atleast 4 days a week.Thanks I think this will be motivation.

I think that's a great goal! I may be pushing mine, but hoping for goal weight or at least to be 150 by then!
  • littleeredd
    littleeredd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :smile: I weigh around 185 right now. I'm in the same boat with you, I've been yo-yoing for a while, and I think it's time for me to challenge myself and actually shed the weight and keep it off. I want to shed 40-45 pounds at the max if I can do it, but I'd be happy with 25 or 30 if that's all I manage to lose by June. There's always time after! I'm just going on vacation and would prefer to look my best by then. Sorry for this long ranty post, but yeah. Feel free to add me as a friend, and hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    nadineel17 wrote: »
    I am in
    My name is Nadine,I will be 33 on April I weigh 233 pounds.I started 2014 and reach 177 before and put it all back :s:'( .I am determined to reach my goal again. I would love to be 170pounds by June. I am a mum of 3 children .

Hey I'm right there with you! Lost 30 and somehow I gained it all back!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    McMakinTX wrote: »
    When will the challenge start?

The minute you start the challenge. Your pace, your rules, just try and reach your own personal goal :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    PandraBear wrote: »
    Sounds familiar. I'm Kris and I'm 31 - for the next few weeks, at least. I'm up to 290 now. These challenges in MFP were good for me before. I had lost 85 lbs and gotten down into ONEderland, but gained it all back. I've had this struggle for most of my life, and now it's ruining my relationships and health. My goal weight would be to get back down under 200, but realistically I doubt this would happen before June. I'll be happy if I'm able to lose 30lbs in months with my schedule. I'm here for the accountability and support that I desperately need, and to give it to others who also need or want it.

Hi Kris! I'm hoping to get close to my goal weight, but realistically I'm doing the best I can and working the hardest I can until then to reach my goal of being a healthier me :)
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    CassaJay23 wrote: »
    I'd love to join in! This is the biggest I've ever been. After some injuries and a baby, it turned to pure laziness and me giving up ever getting my body back. However - I'm going to try again. I'm 27 and 231. In the end, I'd like to get back down to about 145 but I'd be thrilled to get down to about 180 by June! Feel free to add me!

That's a great goal!!!
  • JacquiMarie70
    Options
    Hello, Sounds like good motivation. I'm Janique, I am 43 yrs old. My goal is to continue to work out 5 days a week and maybe up it to 6 days. I want to eat better. I have been on my fitness pal for several years and recently realized that when I signed up 3 years ago, my start weight was what I have been trying to get back to. I want to get back there and then some by June so my goal is to lose 20 pounds, hopefully mostly fat.

How do we keep in touch and support one another?

Hi Janique! We can either all stay in touch through here-I promise I'll be better at reaching out! Or through our personal MFP page :)
  • caron6055
    caron6055 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caron, I am 52 years old, 5'8" and weigh 217 lbs. I lost it all a couple of years ago with a healthy eating plan, but an operation on my foot and some other health problems led me to put it all back on over the last 18 months. I can't do too much in the way of exercise so it has to be calorie controlled. I would love to be able to give and receive a bit of support. I would like to get to 160 lbs by end of July.