I wish people would notice :(

Options
My fiancee knows i've lost 10lbs because I told him (because its my mini goal for my bikini :) ) and plus he sees this site. I guess he told my dad last night that I lost 10lbs. My dad asked him where?

I don't know whether its discouraging people not noticing... or makes me want to work harder just to make them notice lol..

I'm hoping when I reach 15lbs they will

I'm only 5'2 and I started at 144.6 and I'm at 134.5... My goal is 115.. (maybe 110 we will see) so not sure if they will ever notice hmm

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Only one person noticed when I had lost about 9-10 lbs...it really became noticeable when I'd lost about 15...

I still have people who don't seem to notice...and I've lost 40 lbs and am at a healthy "average" weight now...lol...
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    wow.. well I'm hoping next time we have a bbq with aunts and uncles ect.. since they only see me 1 or 2 times a month.. during the summer.. that it'll show.. then we will don't see them during the fall/winter.. so hopefully next summer will be really good
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Im always naturally suspicious when people like my wife or parents say "I can definitely see a change!". Id expect them to say that, even if they cant...

The best ones are when unsolicited compliments. People you arent overly close to say it. They didnt have to, they werent expected to. I had that the other day when someone i used to bowl with, and hadnt seen for ages, noticed it.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    it is disheartening, my work is all fitness freaks atm and my boss was polite enough to ask if i lost weight...it didnt seam genuine....everyone else is dropping a kilo a week and i manage 1 kilo a fortnight :(
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Im always naturally suspicious when people like my wife or parents say "I can definitely see a change!". Id expect them to say that, even if they cant...

The best ones are when unsolicited compliments. People you arent overly close to say it. They didnt have to, they werent expected to. I had that the other day when someone i used to bowl with, and hadnt seen for ages, noticed it.

Yeah I'm hoping for someone who doesn't know I'm trying to lose weight to notice it..
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think people who see you a lot don't notice and if people don't think of you as overweight, they also won't noticed a change. It kind of sucks but at least you know they didn't think you were that bad to begin with.
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just saw family last weekend that hasn't seen my in a long while, and NOT ONE PERSON noticed. I was down 24 lbs at the time. Next time they will see me is Christmas.... Maybe they will notice then. :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    The more often people see you the less they will notice.
    People that don't see you often usually notice it much more. I only started getting comments after loosing 20-25lbs.
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    My fiancee knows i've lost 10lbs because I told him (because its my mini goal for my bikini :) ) and plus he sees this site. I guess he told my dad last night that I lost 10lbs. My dad asked him where?

I don't know whether its discouraging people not noticing... or makes me want to work harder just to make them notice lol..

I'm only 5'2 and I started at 144.6 and I'm at 134.5... My goal is 115.. (maybe 110 we will see) so not sure if they will ever notice hmm

Nothing against your dad but men are dense when it comes to noticing weight loss, hair cuts and new shoes. Paint your car he'd notice that though :)
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Yes, having people notice and compliment you is a nice NSV (non-scale victory). I look forward to that too. I am not there yet, having just started this a few weeks ago.

You will get there and have your day. :smile:
  • celtickarasu
    Options
    For some reason, my husband always claims to see weight loss in me, and tells me so even in the times I'm not trying to lose weight. The problem is the only time he thinks I've lost weight is when I've really gained 5 lbs.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    it is disheartening, my work is all fitness freaks atm and my boss was polite enough to ask if i lost weight...it didnt seam genuine....everyone else is dropping a kilo a week and i manage 1 kilo a fortnight :(

Yeah I rather it be genuine... I don't want someone telling me it just because they know i've lost weight
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    For some reason, my husband always claims to see weight loss in me, and tells me so even in the times I'm not trying to lose weight. The problem is the only time he thinks I've lost weight is when I've really gained 5 lbs.

LOL yeah over a year ago my MIL asked if I lost weight.. at that time I wasn't even trying to lose weight and I'm sure I didn't loose any either
  • queenbeaumont
    Options
    I am so sorry that that was your dad's response to you losing 10 pounds :( . Don't worry about though, people will notice soon enough just hang in there and keep working at your goal, don't worry about others noticing you as long as you know that is all that matters!

I have only been using this sight now for a little over a week now, and I have lost 7 pounds so far with using the information here and working out at the gym. Not many people have noticed but that's okay because I know and it makes me proud of myself !:)

Hang in there and good luck!
  • QueenCat25
    QueenCat25 Posts: 130
    Options
    Sounds like he may have meant "where?" as in where do you even have ten pounds to lose? You gotta do this for yourself. Everyone will notice eventually.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options

Nothing against your dad but men are dense when it comes to noticing weight loss, hair cuts and new shoes. Paint your car he'd notice that though :)

LOL So true!!!!
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just saw family last weekend that hasn't seen my in a long while, and NOT ONE PERSON noticed. I was down 24 lbs at the time. Next time they will see me is Christmas.... Maybe they will notice then. :)

Good Luck :)
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Thanks all!! You guys always have great advice :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Have YOU noticed yet? I'm not trying to be mean at all so please don't take this the wrong way. I've lost just on 7kg and I can't tell. I can't expect other people to notice if I can't tell....

I'm a lot bigger than you though, so 7kg on me isn't much.

I'm doing this for me... no-one else. If people notice, it's a bonus. But in the end, I only want to please me when I look in the mirror.
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    I've lost nearly 30 lbs and it seems the only people who notice are those I work with who also know I am trying to lose weight. Friends at church compliment my husband on his weight loss and don't say a peep to me. hmmm