Women over 45 Support/Motivation for 2017-Happy New Year!

Options
Looking for support from women over 45 as it seems our journey is a little different once we hit mid 40's. Feel free to send a friend request so maybe we can support each other with support and issues we women struggle with.

Replies

• jodi3359
    jodi3359 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Back for round 2....
  • manatina
    manatina Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I need some accountability! I'd really like to lose 35-45 pounds this year. Will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary so that's a little incentive!
  • Rach_W71
    Rach_W71 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Turned 40 and with the help of MFP last 6 stone, but in last 2 years since confirmation of menopause I've put 2stone back on, I'm really struggling as I've come to a plateau and dont know how to kick start the weight loss again. I'm cycling 35-50miles per week and walking on average 2miles a day. I don't know what to do to get this back on track.
  • CathyTwentyTwo
    CathyTwentyTwo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    53 here, 22 minimum but if I could do 30 I'd be even happier. I could use support/motivation.
  • forevermaryb
    forevermaryb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hear you! In my early 30's, I was able to lose about 50 pounds fairly easily (I followed a modified South Beach Diet). It took me about 8 months and I lost consistently and without plateaus. At 45 years old, after putting back on those 50 pounds plus a few more for kicks and giggles, I followed the same diet with hardly any results. So frustrating! I changed up a few things and I was able to lose 70 pounds over about a year and a half. I kept at my goal weight for a couple of years, however this past year I've put back on 10-15 pounds without much effort and I am struggling just to not put more weight on, forget about losing! I log every day and will support anyone who supports me in return. Feel free to add me.
  • ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hear you all! 46 here! Would love to lose 65, would settle for 50...add me! ❤❤❤
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and have had a difficult time losing the weight I put on in the last decade. I need to lose around 40 to 50 pounds. I definitely can use some support and motivation!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I'm 46! Add me--I'm on here everyday! :smiley:
  • MNFitnessGal
    MNFitnessGal Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Add me to the list! Was thin until my 30s, then gained. Lost 45 lbs once but 30 lbs came back. After hysterectomy and turning 50, it's been so tough. I've worked hard but it's slow going. That said, I'm very committed to losing this. Let's motivate each other ladies! If you want a person to encourage you as you encourage me, send me a request.
  • JessieW1969
    JessieW1969 Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just turned 47 yrs young and would love more MFP lady pals. I've also set up Instagram to hold me accountable on my fitness journey. This was unplanned so pics are limited but I'll post something daily. My profile is jes4769.
  • kirstyj69
    kirstyj69 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    47, with 17kg to lose ... struggling with peri-menopause and busy life / job / kids means I haven't put myself first. Losing is tough but I want to be fit for life!
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and decided to jump on the myfitnesspal wagon again. I'm in!!
  • ineedtomakethiswork
    Options
    I'm 60 and the extra weight LOVES me.....I really would like to and need to lose 40 pounds and get healthier. I am trying again.....I need help and motivation from people to help me make it happen and to eat better and get back into exercising again....THANKS
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    64 and was always thin until my 50's when I broke both ankles. Now struggling everyday to lose.
  • 44Janet2017
    44Janet2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 44. Have had weight fluctuations my whole life. But these past three years have been rough... divorce, cancer twice, and financial issues. I am going to reach my goal weight and keep it off forever this time!!!!!! I can use friends and support. So please add me also. Janet
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    46, down 76 lbs so far using MFP. For those starting your journey this year, you CAN do this. Have faith in yourself, trust the process, stay the course. :)
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Please free to add me! I just posted that I did this in 2011 and lost 40 pounds and kept if off for years by being dedicated to this site and some fantastic friends for support. I'm back almost where I started but ready to get moving again!!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Please add me too

Restarting here I am 61 years young and have 100 to lose
  • Mekatluvr
    Mekatluvr Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I so need support, motivation, and accountability. I'm excellent in providing those to others but hard to apply it to myself. I'm 45 years old and I regained the 50 lbs this past year. I have at least 100 lbs to lose. Add me as your friend and let's get this year started right!