Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Summer challenge

Replies

• angelawilliams29
    angelawilliams29 Posts: 50 Member
    I only was able to walk 2 miles yesterday because of the rain! That's ok though, today we run (AND walk!!). Be back later to add more!!
  • nachisdoll
    nachisdoll Posts: 192 Member
    Congrats to those who are near or broke 100! now u have to do 200! dont stop!!!!!!! sorry about the shin splits...ouch! Lets kep moving!! xoxo
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    1.5mi walk last night, 3mi run this morning, 1.5mi walk planned for later w/ the doggy.
  • angelawilliams29
    Haha!. Ran 2 miles, just walked 1...shooting for completing the challenge tomorrow...last 5 miles... 
  • nachisdoll
    only 1.5 miles today ;(
  • angelawilliams29
    CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!! .

Last 5 miles done today...this was great...thanks for the challenge!!!
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Hi everyone~ I am behind on my miles but I am going to catch up!!

70 miles to go in 6 weeks.
  • Terriann7
    Terriann7 Posts: 78
    Angela you are on fire!! Way to go.
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Nachisdoll...Cherubcrnp...KeriA THANK YOU for your support! ..I rested completely for 4 days...lol..but yesterday I did a gentle 2 miles..no pain...so am going to ease back in to it! I missed it..Feels great to be walking with you guys in spirit here! x
  • Just_Bethy
    CHALLENGE COMPLETED!!!! .

Last 5 miles done today...this was great...thanks for the challenge!!!

Well Done!!!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
    Excellent job Angela!!! :drinker:

I've been in the shin splint camp as well. Feeling a little better after 3 days of rest so I think I will join Just_Bethy and get walking today.

And Terriann, I'm behind as well so we can catch up together. I really need to get moving as I have a 3 week holiday in there as well. Oops.
  • simkat
    Just a 1mi walk w/ my dog last night. Was supposed to do my 4mi run this AM, but it's like a terrarium outside! May jump on the treadmill later in order to keep going, but I find it really hard to not get bored on there after a spring/summer of running outside.

Great job, Angela! Toadie, hope you feel better! Good job, everyone!
  • Just_Bethy
    SO Gang!! What are ya'll doing to celebrate when you have walked the 100?? I am gonna make me a Bracelet with the letter number beads just spelling out ♥-M-F-P-♥-1-0-0-♥ What about you guys!!???!!
  • angelawilliams29
    . Thanks so much, ladies, for all the congrats!!. Feels good to have completed my first challenge ever!!!. It was awesome & I feel really strong & proud...especially b/c we only started running maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago & are now doing 5k's every week (plus did my longest run EVER in my life last Sat--a 10k!!)

. I'm not sure what to do to celebrate it...my hubby & I did eat out yesterday for the first time since April, when we started this journey...& did VERY well, might I add!!!. We had Thai food & shared really small portions...a victory in itself!! We start a new training program tomorrow...to get us ready for an official 10k coming up in a couple of months...

Just_bethy, that's a fabulous idea though, to celebrate & I like the bracelet thought!!

I hope you all feel better from your injuries...my hip has been bothering me the past couple of weeks since I strained it on one of my fast walks...so I understand the pain!! . Be good to yourselves & take it easy, rest up as much as needed & just do what you can when you can!!. I'm proud of you all!!! You'll get there by Sept...good going, girls!!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Great job completing the challenge! Glad the Shin splints are better too. You all are doing great. I walked to and did another 2 of C25K. So another 4 miles over all. I am hoping to catch up a bit when we go camping next month and do a bunch of hiking.
    Keri
  • nachisdoll
    You are are amazing....I didnt officially run yesterday but i went berrry picking with my kids and a 45 min zumba class! I got a stationary bike on craigslist (for free!!!!) and Im going to try to get in a LOT of miles on that while watching TV!:wink: July 27-aug7 Ill b going on a trip overseas that is ALOT of hiking and walking!!!
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 605 Member
    Did 4 more miles. So close to 1/2 way there!
  • angelawilliams29
    Great job, ladies!!! Keep up your hard work...you'll get there!!!
  • simkat
    3.5mi walk last night, 4mi run and 1mi walk today. :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Another 3 miles today with C25K and walking the rest of the way. Another walk/run planned for Thursday.