Pregnant: Gaining weight healthily

Options
I'm looking for MFP friends who are also pregnant and trying to gain the right amount of weight. I'm due in July. Most of my current friends are trying to lose of course so it would be nice to talk to some other ladies trying to have a healthy pregnancy. Send me a request. :smile:

Replies

• Mamifitx4
    Mamifitx4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish i could join you. Ttc but not pregnant yet :/
  • HelenMC9784
    HelenMC9784 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently pregnant too! I'm due May 28 and need to get on track with eating healthy. I'm gaining weight too quickly and thought I'd start tracking again to be more conscious of what I'm eating
  • nose6
    nose6 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Due June 2. The first trimester I was super hungry all the time, and had asthma that made it hard to exercise. Now I want to make sure I am eating right and get back to some gentle exercise.
  • jenndslp
    jenndslp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm due July 22 and trying to maintain my current weight through my pregnancy! I had just lost 15 pounds when si found out I was pregnant...I was on a mission to lose 60! Well, that's not going to happen now! But I've spoken to my midwife and she thinks it will be possible for me to maintain my current weight by upping my exercise and continuing to eat clean. I'm logging my food to make sure I am getting enough nutrients.
  • mhodge32
    mhodge32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Are there "pregnant" settings, maybe under Premium options, that will help guide you through your pregnancy? I am interested in monitoring my nutrition intake and healthy weight gain.
  • katorihanzo
    katorihanzo Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    mhodge32 wrote: »
    Are there "pregnant" settings, maybe under Premium options, that will help guide you through your pregnancy? I am interested in monitoring my nutrition intake and healthy weight gain.

I'm not sure but this is a really good idea. Maybe suggest it if it doesn't already! Or there may be another similar website that does.
  • natashaasanders
    natashaasanders Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also pregnant, and due to July, I'm logging my food so I'm aware of the nutrition intake, and really want to have a healthy weight gain. Wish MFP had a pregnancy setting :(
  • OperaDiva114
    OperaDiva114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also due in July (on the 9th). I'm currently about 30-40lbs overweight, but was advised by my doctors to NOT attempt anymore weight loss. Mainly because I was not working out much pre-pregnancy and they don't want me to stress my body and the baby. That said, I am determined to not gain more than is necessary for the pregnancy to be healthy. I'm trying to eat healthier, and will be doing some prenatal yoga several times a week.

(I spent my first trimester with TERRIBLE morning sickness--hyperemesis gravidarum--and have lost almost 15lbs since the pregnancy began. I just want the rest of this pregnancy to smooth and healthy.)

Please add me as a friend! I would love to have some people to relate to on this journey!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

I'm not sure but this is a really good idea. Maybe suggest it if it doesn't already! Or there may be another similar website that does.

That would be a huge legal liability nightmare to tell pregnant women what and how much to eat. That's best left to your doctor.
  • PolishUnicorn
    PolishUnicorn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Officially due June 4 but will be induced in the middle of May. Starting to control my food beginning tomorrow. I'm almost 19 weeks and about 10-12 lbs up already. It will be hard 5 months as I am in my second semester of podiatric medical school.
  • sybillabryson
    sybillabryson Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I set my goal at "maintain my weight" and just log my extra needed calories as exercise "Sybilla burned 300 calories building a baby". The nutrient requirements are pretty close, except i try to double the iron and calcium and i don't worry about staying under the fat goal. It doesn't take much to switch to using MFP for pregnancy.
  • Gr8fulMommy
    Gr8fulMommy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm due the end of July (pretty close to jenndslp). I have used MFP to track nutrients during pregnancy before. I have gestational diabetes (diet and exercise controlled) so I adjust my macros a little in addition to increasing fiber to 30 and upping Calcium and iron. I've never thought of logging the "baby building" calories under exercise, but that is a *great* idea--a very accurate way of looking at those additional calorie needs! I'd love to have some friends along this journey, too.
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am due mid-July. The beginning was tough with fatigue to stay on track with workouts and veggies (who wants a salad in the winter?!) but I am looking forward to turning the corner on fatigue as I head into the second trimester and hopefully get into a more consistent routine with exercise and healthy eating. Feel free to add me if you think our interests and goals align :)
  • kailyw05
    kailyw05 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm due May 1st (currently 23 weeks) and I've gained 20 lbs already! Feeling very guilty about it and I would like to make sure I don't stay on this track considering I didn't gain a thing until week 13. Congrats mamas!
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm due in April and just started using MFP to track my food so I can gain at a healthy rate.
  • alexandra10205
    alexandra10205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies! I'm due in July as well (7/7). I'm currently 14 weeks and I'm aiming to keep my gain in the 25-30 lb range. I typically gain at least 50 so this will be a challenge! I'm tired of having so much weight to lose after birth.

I started out at a healthy weight and had been working out regularly, but the first trimester was really rough so although I haven't gained anything yet, my fitness level has tanked and I'm just now getting back into it.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm due July 9th with my first. :) I started off pretty heavy 305lb and I gained like 7 pounds first trimester due to moving into a new house/no kitchen. :( I've been tracking my food for the last 2 week to maintain weight, but I've noticed a big loss of 10 pounds down to 302. Can it all be water weight/bloat from fast food? I've been eating like 2200-2700 calories daily so not starving myself! Weight has stabilized and I am no longer seeing such big fluctuations. My midwife told me 2000 calories a day but I don't want to make to big of a change initially and regress...
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @sybillabryson I am also due in July. I am having no luck gaining weight and so far through my pregnancy have only succeeded in losing no matter what I try. I am finally over the morning sickness I think which I am hoping helps. Before getting pregnant I was trying to lose weight for a couple years. Was nit planning this pregnancy. Dont want to stop eating healthier but am having a very hard time eating enough calories to gain I am never hungry enough. I just restarted my account yesterday after being gone for a while because I remembered I could set my goal to gain weight. Set my goal for gaining 1lb a week finished my logging for yesterday and said if I continue like yesterday I should lost another 7 pounds in the next 5 weeks. So not what I need. Lol. So definitely understand where you are coming from. Feel free to add me at any time. Congrats on your coming bundle of joy and best of luck on gaining a healthy amount of weight.
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    @Nikeolie I could see the water weight thing since most fast food has more sodium. Wishing you best of luck with everything. I am due just 2 days after you but with my 4th.