Canadian Team : Crazy Canucks !!!!

Options

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    good luck...I am from Newfoundland but live in Nova Scotia.
  • denimangel
    denimangel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy to the Crazy Canucks!!! :wink:
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    so my husband and i went out and bought ourselves a scale today, so now i can do the wednesday weigh ins. my weight is different from what i measured last week at the inlaws. now my new scale says that im 157.3. so lets use that as my starting weight. Go team!

That's awesome that means you had a great week :wink:

I love that our team is growing...bring on the canadians...:drinker:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I'm supper excited! We can do this together! :flowerforyou: 2009 is totally our year!!!
  • denimangel
    Options
    woke up late this morning and was going to skip my workout... but I didn't!! I did it and felt so much better... and still got ready for work in time. I know I can do it now even if i wake up late...Making my workout my priority in the morning. Today was day one of the 6 days that I workout 30 - 45 minutes. so far today I have had 4 glasses of water and it's only 12:30 in the afternoon... but gotta get back to work... Go Team Canada!!!
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    I would love to join the team.
    Oh i guess i should add
    I started at 215
    am currently 182 or 181. My long term goal is 150-135 depending on how I feel and look.

Goooo Canadians : o )
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Where's my group today!? I'm in two groups who don't seem to be giving it their all :grumble: Come on group!! Let's get fired up!!!!!!!!!
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    Go Canucks Go !!
    I'm new to this team.

Jan. 1 started 225 ... today 215 ... I'm going to reach my goal of 140 by December 2009.

I have successfully completed the 5 cup water challenge on Monday Jan 26.
    I have planned my healthy meals to stay in the 1200 cal range.
    I also exercised on the Elliptical machine for 60 minutes burning 777 calories.

What makes us distinctly Canadian?

1) We say "eh" a lot because that's the grade we got in school.
    2) ....
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    thought i would let you know about my recent motivation . . . CABO!! my husband and i just decided that we are going in March. we were there for our honeymoon this past august. its such great motivation for me and my bikini!!

i am sooooo excited!!!!
  • arthkicker
    Options
    welcome wanna and sunshine, congrats on the weight loss so far...

Go Jay Go!!!!

2 SLEEPS TIL WEIGH IN !!!!
  • denimangel
    Options
    Welcome to sunshine and wanna!! Way to go on the weight loss.. keep up the good work!!!
    I have completed the water challenge I am up to 8 glasses a day now.
    I have also completed the exercise challenge I do 30 -45 minutes 6 days a week.

My goal weight is 125.. I haven't weighed that since my 2nd child (I have 5 - all grown now) was born... my motivation is our holiday this summer to the hotsprings in Banff!!

Hey everybody don't forget tomorrow is weigh in day!!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I thought I would check in. I am do the water- 8 plus more...this helps. I can't do to much exercise right now so I am doing really well with calorie counting. I hope tomorrow shows at leaset some weight lose. I am using my scale and my friends because I am afraid my scale maybe off and my friend's scale is digital. Good luck to everyone for our first weigh in.
  • harter97
    harter97 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just started on My Fitness Pal last week. Shocking to see how many calories I was taking in when I thought I was being better. Just bought myself a treadmill last week too....so hoping things will improve. Today was a bad day after a lovely visit with my mother who (as usual) pointed out I was overweight and all the bad habits that I have that produce that result. :explode: Of course, instead of getting mad and doing something about it I came home and ate Halloween candy that is still in the house! I came across this team and thought maybe what I was lacking was some support. I have a naturally fit and slim husband and two adopted kids that have the metabolisms of athletes....so I am on my own!
    Starting weight: 229 (ugh...that hurts putting it out there for the world to see - and a reminder that I weigh more than my 6'2 husband)
    Goal: 160 (I was at this two years ago when I was really really ill and not eating, but hoping it is possible to attain again.....in a normal way!)
    I am just having a very frustrating and discouraging day and really hoping that I can snap out of it!:sad:
  • denimangel
    Options
    Welcome harter to the Crazy Canucks!!!! We have all been where you are. Emotional eating is a hard habit to break. Try keeping a journal...keep track of those things that set you off.. what you are feeling and put those feelings down on paper.. that helps! Next time you want to reach for the candy.... go for a walk, do some jumping jacks, get into a squat position and do punches, anything just stay active until the urge to eat goes away. Try grabbing a bottle of water or drink a cup of hot tea. Tell us your frustrations that is what we are here for.. to build you up when you feel down. We have all been there!! We will be here for you.

Weigh in tomorrow.... I hope all my hard work this last week has paid off. We shall see tomorrow.
  • arthkicker
    Options
    Welcome harter, we're glad you found us and we can do this.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    I want Can I join in too? I just started MFP on Sat Jan the 24. I have been on everyday so far. I joined a gym and have been 4 times so far since Mond Jan 19th and have lost 3.2 pounds. I am well on my way to meeting my goal weight of 140 lbs.

My Start weight is 225.8 lbs.

I managed to drink all 8 glasses of water today, Yeah for me! I work out at the gym for 1.5 hours 3 days a week. so far only 40 min is cardio on the treadmill each visit but that is up from the 10 min I started out at a week ago.
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    Welcome Harter!

take one day at a time, start with small goals and then work your way up. this team is a great way to keep yourself motivated and get support. and by the sounds of it, thats exactly what you need.

i was always into the halloween candy as well, but i was introduced to 'fresh fruit' and a cup of yogurt. and now i actually enjoy them more than candy. just by being able to keep track of your calories, will help. get your exercise in and 8 glasses of water in. and by make healthy food choices for you, maybe your husband will jump on the wagon as well. my husband enjoys the nights that i cook salmon and steam veggies. i found that difficult especially when he is like your husband and can eat anything.
    fyi, those bamboo steamers are amazing!! i had no idea.
    just keep truckin and you'll get in the groove in no time!! good luck!!
  • arthkicker
    Options
    Welcome Winter !!!

We are going to have a great team !!! woohoo !!!!:drinker:
  • harter97
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words....think it is just one of those days. But rather than eating I will dust myself off, get on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then enjoy some tea :smile:

http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/13/1984/131984.png[/img][/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • harter97
    Options
    Still trying to figure out how to insert the ticker....let's see if I got it this time.131984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary