Outdoor enthusiast trying to overcome PCOS

Options
Hi my name is Brooke. I'm 34yrs old from Oregon. I love the outdoors and I'm trying to get back to being healthy. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and I'm trying to beat it before it beats me. I've had it since I was in middle school. I've already lost 50lbs on Lose It but I'm losing my motivation.

Replies

• ChaseMiles11
    ChaseMiles11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Brooke, my name is Amanda. I am almost 32, have PCOS and about 60lbs overweight.
    When you wrote that your trying to beat PCOS before it beats you, it resignated with me because I feel like it has been beating me for some time now. I recently had a realization that if I don't gain control now I will be facing more complications later.

I am inspired by your loss of 50 lbs, you should be proud and must feel amazing. If you can do that much, you can definitely keep it going!

Feel free to add me as a friend and perhaps we can motivate each other.
  • mzimmermann14
    mzimmermann14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!

I have been suffering from PCOS and endometriosis since I was 13. Have had 4 surgeries and nothing has helped. Let's support each other and kick PCOS out of our lives!!!
  • Anarchy27
    Anarchy27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4 years suffering and fighting the PCOS here. It is so defeating but the fight continues! Good luck on your healthy journey!!
  • kanikabasu
    kanikabasu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    PCOS really sucks :( Would love to motivate each other.
  • Bramblenberry
    Bramblenberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also with PCOS symptoms and frustrated at not being able to participate in all the outdoor activities. Got rid of 50lbs in the past but it crept back and now about 100 to shed. Let's support each other!
  • Carebear199125
    Carebear199125 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    25 now and was diagnosed with pcos when I was 18. It definitely sucks especially the side effects. Unfortunately it has been winning the past few years but I'm trying to take control. I feel your pain. I've been taking metformin and I don't notice how it's helping at all. :-/
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Been struggling with keeping the weight off but like you I too want to take back my control from pcos before other health issues and side effects create bigger problems and issues. I'm now 37 been living with pcos for 20 years and I'm tired of the side effects that come with it. Hoping if I get the weight under control everything else will fall into place. I've tried metformin in the past and that didn't work for me either, let's work together to share our tips, secrets and knowledge to defect pcos this year!