another snow day?!?!

Options
briblue72
briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
My school district is out AGAIN today! For what??? the 1/4 inch of snow on the ground? We're supposed to get some freezing rain and more snow tonight and into tomorrow night too.... I might not go back to work til Thursday!! :frown: At this rate, I'll be in school til the 4th of July!!

This does free me up for a nice workout, though! :tongue:

Replies

• briblue72
    Options
    My school district is out AGAIN today! For what??? the 1/4 inch of snow on the ground? We're supposed to get some freezing rain and more snow tonight and into tomorrow night too.... I might not go back to work til Thursday!! :frown: At this rate, I'll be in school til the 4th of July!!

This does free me up for a nice workout, though! :tongue:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I hope there's a snow day sometime this week.
  • mburris
    mburris Posts: 55
    Options
    I live in Louisiana. We had our 2 snow days December 11-12. We got 7 inches on the ground. I never saw that before. Last time we got snow was 7 years ago. I was awsome to see my six year old playing. I enjoyed those two days, but I couldn't deal with all of the time. We extended our day by adding minutes to the 2nd semester. We extended our day the 1st semester because of Hurricane Gustav. What's a few more minutes.
  • briblue72
    Options
    Hmm, I've never heard of extending the day for a while... How did that work with buses and whatnot. I'm sure there's a big plan for it all!

I would SOOOO rather sneak on 5-10 extra minutes for a while than come on days in June.
  • linda57
    Options
    You sound like you live in the Louisville, KY area? Me too. I don't have to worry about school though. All my kids are grown.. I hope you have a great day off. Linda
  • briblue72
    Options
    You sound like you live in the Louisville, KY area? Me too. I don't have to worry about school though. All my kids are grown.. I hope you have a great day off. Linda

Good Guess - - Lexington, KY!! And yes, I was off today, and will be off tomorrow! Don't get me wrong - 5-day weekends are great, but I wish I had a little something to keep me feeling productive!

The ice is soooo bad. I can't even get out of my uphill driveway!