Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
JoLeeFA
JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
Is there anyone out there who does the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?

Do you have any idea the calorie burn with it?

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've never done the 30 day program but have used it as something to change up my workouts and use on weekend days when I can't go outside to exercise. I just did Level 1 today. Calorie burn depends on your heigh/weight/age but I know a lot of folks on here just log it as circuit training.

Edited to add: it's "Circuit Training, general" in the exercise database. I just tried it for myself and it's a bit high for calorie count as most MFP exercise calorie calculations are so maybe just use 1/2 to 2/3rs of the number it gives you.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    The only way to know it to wear a HRM.
  • kmr429
    kmr429 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have and I love it! She really knows how to kick you into shape. My heart rate monitor says that I burn about 350-400 each workout which is awesome for only about 20 mins!
  • Derbygrrl77
    Options
    I want t start as well.. dont have the dvd yet(tried youtube but just random clips)-hopefully i can get it this weekend-heard its a great workout! :)
  • JoLeeFA
    Options
    I have a heartrate monitor... I never thought about wearing it at home!!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i do it! i log it as circuit training, but calorie burn all depends on your height/weight/sex/age/etc.
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    A HRM is a good idea...mine said that I burn around 210 - 220 calories when I started level 1, so when the burn went down into the 170s I knew it was time to switch to level 2, even though level 1 was by no means easy. :smile:

You can get a pretty good HRM for not a lot of money...I use a Polar FT4 that I got for about $79.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and when I do the shred I usually burn around 200 calories, which is lower than I thought considering how heavy I am.
  • momcologist
    momcologist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Like NayShal....I also put my 30 day shred workouts as "Circut Training" for 20 minutes. So about 200 calories would be a safe bet. Good luck with the 30 day shred....gotta love that Jillian!
  • mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    I log it as circuit training 25 mins and MFP tells me i've burned 227 calories. It might be more but I am happy with that rather than it overestimating my calories burned.

Hope this helps.
  • JoLeeFA
    Options
    Looks like my hrm only gives heart rate and duration... does not give calories..:sad:

I can just log it as general circuit training!
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just did day one today and was wondering how to log it, thanks for the advice... I didn't even have to ask. :happy:
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The usual weight to calorie ratio is for every min you exercise times that by 8. So if you workout for 30 min. you would burn 240 calories.
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    you can download it to your pc from Amazon ... its only 1.99 per level