Under Calorie Goal

Options
Ok so I have an odd question. My calorie goal is set for 1200 I've synced my Fitbit and I've earned some extra calories due to my activity. Here's my odd question. If I'm under my 1200 calorie goal and just had dinner and it's 730 pm is it ok just to stay under even if it's below 1200?

Replies

• newphilly123
    newphilly123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No you want to eat about 1300 calories since you've said you've burned calories through activity.
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you eat too little your metabolism slows down and it makes it even harder to lose. You actually lose weight faster if you eat a little more and be sure to eat some good fats too. I've seen people who plateaued and were told to add a little good fat to their diet (olive oil-peanut butter) and started losing again.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    If I'm under my calorie goal for the day (and I lost weight eating 1200 or less per day), I don't force myself to eat. I leave the calories and eat them another day when I'm more hungry or I want a particularly high calorie item.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    No you want to eat about 1300 calories since you've said you've burned calories through activity.

First off no. She never once said how many calories dont pull a number out of thin air.

second, Dont make it an everyday thing 1200 is low enough, If im within 100 either way im happy. I learned the hard way to add in some peanut butter toast (high calorie/yummy fat) To keep my calories up when my appetite gets to low, Or for me it will lead to a binge once my body gets hungry again.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    how much 'under' are we talking?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    3474449k wrote: »
    If you eat too little your metabolism slows down and it makes it even harder to lose. You actually lose weight faster if you eat a little more and be sure to eat some good fats too. I've seen people who plateaued and were told to add a little good fat to their diet (olive oil-peanut butter) and started losing again.

This is not true.

OP, if it's one day under then it's okay. But if this is a regular occurrence, then I would look into adding some calorie-dense items into your day. You still need to fuel your body.
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I have over 500 left according do the addition my fitbit made due to my avtivity. I've consumed close to 1100.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »

I have over 500 left according do the addition my fitbit made due to my avtivity. I've consumed close to 1100.

1100 should be fine, I dont eat my exercise calories back always, Even when i do i only do half. Youll be fine maybe tomorow aim for a yummy extra snack :3
  • suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    suzeexoxo wrote: »

1100 should be fine, I dont eat my exercise calories back always, Even when i do i only do half. Youll be fine maybe tomorow aim for a yummy extra snack :3

Great thanks!
  • dahlgrenmad
    dahlgrenmad Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but wanted to say that I found this really helpful. Thanks for sharing