Hello!!!Need to lose 15 lbs. Lemon water. Brown rice. Brocoli. Boiled eggs. Veggie soup. Day 2.

Options
2»

Replies

• amadnurse
    amadnurse Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    amadnurse wrote: »
    In 2 weeks? No way. I didn't say that. Maybe a typo lol

You said you wanted to lose 15 lbs. You described an overly restrictive, VLCD, and said "let's see if I can keep this up 2 weeks". My conclusion was that you were aiming to lose the weight in that time period.

No I meant if I can keep eating like this for 2 weeks then maybe then I can get used to eating like this. Any other questions?

Yes. Are you a nurse?

Not a relevant question
  • amadnurse
    amadnurse Posts: 25 Member
    Options

You said you wanted to lose 15 lbs. You described an overly restrictive, VLCD, and said "let's see if I can keep this up 2 weeks". My conclusion was that you were aiming to lose the weight in that time period.

No I meant if I can keep eating like this for 2 weeks then maybe then I can get used to eating like this. Any other questions?

Why would you want to? Why do you think that is a good idea?

Also this ^

I wasn't looking for a personal trainer or a job or approval fyi
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Why would you want to? Why do you think that is a good idea?

I don't get a response? You asked if there were any other questions and I'm genuinely interested.
  • russb_
    russb_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce; it covers the bland with heat.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Op does red meat really cause cancer I am alarmed now, need to rethink
    You are making the right choices if that's the case
    Keep at it and good luck

P.s are you using the lemon water to cook the rice
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Red meat causes cancer? What? I've never seen this mentioned in any reputable source. It sounds like something Dr Oz would fart out.

OP...you don't have to go crazy low with calories. Set mfp to lose half a pound per week. You can still eat at those restaurants that you enjoy, just choose foods that fit your calorie goal. Most restaurants have nutrition information listed on their websites. Pre-plan your day ahead and stick to it. Don't jump into crazy restrictive awful diets...just eat your calories.

No need to cut out foods, no need to eat bland crap. Food is food is food. Just eat it.

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Red meat causes cancer and I used to eat lots of it :(

Please post the scientific study you read that indicated this, including the amount that one would need to eat in order to be at a higher risk of cancer.

You need to lose 15lbs? That can be done eating a variety of foods including red meat, Korean BBQ, apple pie and ice cream, in moderation. It can't be done in 2 weeks time though. That is not a realistic expectation. What happens in 2 weeks?

I believe her thread title was indicating she was on Day 2 when she posted this. :smile: