What was everyone's motivation?

Options
I was interested in finding out everyone's motivation to lose weight or gain muscle. I lost my dad almost 4 years ago which made me lose 176 pounds and I used that as a source. Now some might be oh I didn't like my body being the way it was or it can be a favorite anime. I'd love to know

Replies

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I think for me it's the discipline. Having a routine has been good for me, mentally more than anything. Also being able to sculpt the body is pretty amazing.

Congrats on the weight loss.

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    For me it's bc I don't think I've ever reached my full potential. I want to be the best I can be. I'm tired of half @ssing everything. Time to full @ss one thing.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Being told I was Pre-Diabetic - If I could lose a few pounds and exercise I could have a good chance of not becoming a Diabetic..
    By Golly it worked !!! (at least so far)
  • sunny_girl_tls
    sunny_girl_tls Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I want to look and feel better in my own skin.
  • lilibelle1
    lilibelle1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a clothes *kitten*. I absolutely love looking polished & fat chicks just can't achieve that... Something had to give. I guess it comes down to vanity...
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Nobody takes me seriously as a fat woman. Hell I'm lucky if people even bother to look at me at all. At some point, people stop treating you like an actual person. That's probably why I spend so much time on the forums.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    My motivation was a doctor who said I'd never be fit or flexible (I was very overweight and I have fibromyalgia) .. That I was supposed to workout with the super old people at the pool..
    I told him to shut it and signed up for pole fitness lessons
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    ShinySkyShaymin1994 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Being told I was Pre-Diabetic - If I could lose a few pounds and exercise I could have a good chance of not becoming a Diabetic..
    By Golly it worked !!! (at least so far)

I also used to be pre diabetic and I have Autism
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »
    My motivation was a doctor who said I'd never be fit or flexible (I was very overweight and I have fibromyalgia) .. That I was supposed to workout with the super old people at the pool..

Omg if only I can get you to talk to my cousin! She has Fibromyalgia as well and miserable and is extreme pain! Good for you!
  • ajaysharma316
    ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My motivation was my son. After he was born, I had a thought that how would he feel if his dad is gonna be 320 pounds plus man lying around whole day.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I like being outdoors. The best places are hard to get to. Being in good shape makes it easier.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I was always very self conscious and watched what I ate beginning in 3rd grade. In 6th grade I lost my brother, and with that, lost a lot of weight that I had gained from the stress of his hospital stays at the end of his life. I became obsessed with the gym and with tracking calories. I gained and lost weight as I got older (probably due to hormone changes) and then eventually got very strict with it and was down to 98 lbs. in October 2015. I still felt like I had "5 more lbs. to lose" when I realized that no matter how much fat was lost, I would never achieve the look I wanted, so I started lifting. I had the trip of a lifetime to Croatia in July 2016 that I wanted to have the "perfect body" for. I ended up putting on a good amount of muscle, and since then have went into a bulk to gain back, core, arm, leg and glute muscle. I went from 114 lbs. in July 2016 to 120 lbs. currently and I have never been stronger or had more definition. I'm excited to see what my cut will bring this Spring and to compare July 2016 images to July 2017 images! More muscle definition is bound to be apparent for sure.

Vacations are great motivation, though, and filling your Instragram feed with fitness inspiration is great for keeping you dedicated.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    Everyone's stories are incredible! I really enjoy hearing them! Hopefully I get more
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I decided to start losing weight when one day I weighed myself, and I weighed almost as much as my brother (who is 3 inches taller and an overweight male. I couldn't reach that weight.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    HeyaBerg wrote: »

Omg if only I can get you to talk to my cousin! She has Fibromyalgia as well and miserable and is extreme pain! Good for you!

She just gotta push through the pain. It'll be worth it. Hurts like hell the first 2-3 months... then it starts to get better.. I don't feel any symptoms unless I forget to take the medicine that help me sleep but then I just can't sleep and I get restless leg syndromex10. But all the other pain.. gone :)