The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• wntrbreez
    wntrbreez Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    43yo. Weighed 350 lbs back in the late 90's, but have yo-yo'd for years. Got down to 196 a year & half ago using MFP but after I quit, I slowly gained back up to 250. Now I'm at 232 trying to get back down around 200. Friends appreciated. I need people who send messages on this site from time to time to give it a personal element & to keep me logging in & moving forward (or more precisely - DOWNWARD on the scale!). :) Male or female, gay or straight - doesn't matter to me. I welcome all friends.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year middle agers. :wink:
    Started the new year off with a huge family dinner. Groan. Finally - the last one of the holiday.
    P90X chest & back and ab ripper yesterday. This is my 3rd go around with Tony.
    Goal is to LOSE the extra pounds this year!
  • Rlogan626
    Rlogan626 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy new year guys from cold and wet England!

This year I have piled on the weight but looking to get back in shape by at least June because our second child is due. Friend me if you want to share some motivation!
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I'll be 51 next week!!!

I'll reach that a month later than you.
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    jiggleboom wrote: »
    I will be 50 in April and have 25 pounds to lose. I started after Thanksgiving and lost 7 lbs by logging my food (every bite), planning ahead, and working out 4 times a week. Then Christmas and hosting came. I've gained two pounds and dropped my good habits. Started back up again yesterday to get some momentum! Any tips?

Don't worry about the 2 lbs gained. I put on a few recently as well but this morning I was back down 2 lbs.
  • DarleneKavanagh
    DarleneKavanagh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Anyone interested in being a motivational friend.
  • nettyjane20
    nettyjane20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    42 and fighting the flab!...well trying to!
  • ncoward72
    ncoward72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I'm 44, mother of 6-years-old twins who works full time. Thank you for your service!
  • abbi1017
    abbi1017 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am only 8 months away from my 40th!!!! I refuse to be the over weight and out of shape at 40. Truth be told, i feel more like 50, after gaining any losing any where from 50 to 100 pounds ( more than once :( !! ) I am finally ready to make life style changes. I have a family history filled with diabetes and heart disease, I can't afford to be over weight and out of shape. Please add me if you'd like, let's do this thing together! Good luck all!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of motivated middle agers. I love the energy here. Hoping its contagious and I can tighten up my nutrition to drop the last 10-12lbs lbs. My 2017 goal is to get faster in the "really old guys" age group. :)
  • Spartan1230
    Spartan1230 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just turned 43 a week ago. I started running and working to be better fit a year ago. I'm into obstacle course racing which has made me work harder for my goals. I still have a ways to go before I'm at where I want to be. Always like to motivate others. Add me if you like.
  • TheMayze
    TheMayze Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    42 and trying to stay in shape...
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    abbi1017 wrote: »
    Hello all! I am only 8 months away from my 40th!!!! I refuse to be the over weight and out of shape at 40. Truth be told, i feel more like 50, after gaining any losing any where from 50 to 100 pounds ( more than once :( !! ) I am finally ready to make life style changes. I have a family history filled with diabetes and heart disease, I can't afford to be over weight and out of shape. Please add me if you'd like, let's do this thing together! Good luck all!

Very good intentions. You can do it.
  • restors
    restors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So back here after a fair bit of time away, still trying to find the solution that fits! Day 3 for me and my muscles still hurt from the home workout I did day 1!!. Lunchtime will be the first day back at the gym. Anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free. I turn 45 this year and I'm hoping this time is my last time as I make it a lifestyle change!!
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    restors wrote: »
    So back here after a fair bit of time away, still trying to find the solution that fits! Day 3 for me and my muscles still hurt from the home workout I did day 1!!. Lunchtime will be the first day back at the gym. Anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free. I turn 45 this year and I'm hoping this time is my last time as I make it a lifestyle change!!

Small changes daily will result in great things over the long term. You got this!!
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Day 4 eating and exercising the way I should. Yesterday out of the blue I had crazy back spasms. Anyone else have anything like that?
  • TeenyH2015
    TeenyH2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Late thirties here - feels like 50s!!! Back on the wagon after 6 months of apathy. Struggling to decide on a plan but pls feel free to add me - you might be my inspiration!!!
  • LukerPslim
    LukerPslim Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    cat cow stretches have really made a huge difference for me. I do them daily now. I used to get back spasms quite often, but these stretches have really helped.

Also, any other middle agers feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • wheetree
    wheetree Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    44. Recently retired from military, now working a sedentary desk job. I've gained about 20 lbs I need to get back off. I've got a few injuries that restrict activities, so I'm trying some different things to see what I like.