4000 CALORIES

Options
Help ytd I binged 3000 calories and today I went crazy and ate 4000 im so so scared right now I have been good for 11 days and I just lost control. Am I gonna gain fat or just water weight?):

Replies

• ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What caused you to binge like that?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    nad1996 wrote: »
    Help ytd I binged 3000 calories and today I went crazy and ate 4000 im so so scared right now I have been good for 11 days and I just lost control. Am I gonna gain fat or just water weight?):

both.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    just forget about your bad day and jump back on the horse

but like @ugofatcat said - trying to understand/isolate the reason why you binged will help in the future
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    nad1996 wrote: »

What is your TDEE now? There is about 3,500 calories per pound of fat.

If your TDEE is 2,000 calories a day, you just went 3,000 (3,000-2,000=1,000 and 4,000-2,000=2,000; 2,000+1,000=3,000)over so you should not, in theory, gain a pound of fat. However if your TDEE is 1,500 calories a day you would, in theory, have gained a pound of fat.

Let me know if my numbers are confusing.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Those days are gone. Worry about today.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Did you enjoy it? Maybe your regular diet is too restrictive and you should incorporate some of the things you like into your regular food plan
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Whatever you gain can be shed in a few days. Don't sweat it too much or you will just repeat the cycle.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories over what you burn to put on a pound (not counting water weight). Just get back on your program and keep working. It's ok to have a cheat day or two, it won't kill everything you did.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Depends on your height, weight and activity level. If your maintenance calories are 3500+ per day, you won't gain fat. If your maintenance calories are 2500 calories/day, you will theoretically gain about half a pound. Which you should be able to take off again in a week. If your maintenance calories are 1800 calories/day (many small sedentary females), you ate enough to gain 1 pound of fat.

What's more important is *why* you had the binges. You say you've been "good". What does "good" mean? Depriving yourself of treats can lead to binges like this (depending on personality type). Maintaining too big a deficit (in other words, eating too little) can lead to binges like this. You may need to adjust your definition of "good" and eat a little more every day so that you don't have really high calorie days like yesterday and today.

Half a pound or one pound of fat is not a big deal. Fixing your eating habits so that you don't wind up binging regularly is.
  • mike19902010
    mike19902010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    4000 calories is nothing compared to my old 'diet' of eating junk. I'm on a certain medication that makes me feel so hungry that I counted up all the calories in one night(eat like this every night) and it came up to 6800 cals... a night!