Low b12 levels.

Options
My friend thinks she has low b12 levels. She can not see her dr until the end of the month.
Has anyone ever had low b12 and is so what were your symptoms.

Thanks

Replies

• CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    mine isn't low but I take a b complex pill everyday for extra energy
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    does she take a multi vitamin? Those often have B in them.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I take a B12 supplement .
  • gottagetitoff11
    gottagetitoff11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    She said she takes no vitamins as of yet. She is just trying to see if her symptoms are of a b12 defeciency.

Thanks
  • candiblnd
    candiblnd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have low B12. I am extremely tired, fatigue. I now have to get a shot of B12 a month.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    She said she takes no vitamins as of yet. She is just trying to see if her symptoms are of a b12 defeciency.

Thanks

The same symptoms could be hundreds of other things. She needs to see her Dr.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Since she can't see her doctor until the end of the month, she can take sublingual B12 in the meantime and see if it helps. Usually when one is deficient they will notice an improvement after a week. Certainly can't hurt.

Some people have trouble absorbing B12, no matter how much they get through food or supplements, so they need the shots. Gotta get tested first to see where your level is at.

• she800hunter2014
    she800hunter2014 Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have had B-12 deficiency before and it isn't fun. You get really lightheaded easily, very dizzy. You feel pins and needles in your hands legs and feet. You are off balance when you stand and walk. You get the horrible mental fog, and struggle to think clearly. Extreme fatigue like you have chronic fatigue syndrome and you feel weak. I went to see a doctor and made me feel like I was a hypochondriac and it was all in my head. It is so important to make sure you take supplements because food doesn't supply the body like it once did with the right amounts of nutrients due to bad soils. Especially if you are following a restricted diet of any sort.