30 something Scottish working mum of 3 toddlers

Options
mamma_adventure
mamma_adventure Posts: 235 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
The struggle is real!!! Back on here after the excesses of the festive season...
Looking to lose 38lbs and banish my mummy tummy.
Working and being mummy to 3 toddlers doesn't allow me a lot of opportunity for free time to exercise. I'm thinking that YouTube workouts might be the way to go, although I would really love to attempt a half marathon once in my life. I love walking and aim to bag a couple more munro's in 2017.
I love food and in the past have lost about 14lbs but always given up too easily.
I realise now it has to be everything in moderation. Stop eating the kids leftovers. Stop using food as a treat. Cut out the red wine for a time. Portion control. Stop snacking on crisps!
I've 3 years until I hit 40, and really want to be the best version of myself by then.

Replies

• Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ye can add me, always happy to add fellow Scots
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Done :)
  • RL_2016
    RL_2016 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weightloss goal! Feel free to add me and I'm sure we can all help each other achieve our goals! :)
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    o man, three toddlers!! Do you have a jogging stroller? Although I don't have children, I have heard good things about them (the stroller I mean).
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Relser wrote: »
    o man, three toddlers!! Do you have a jogging stroller? Although I don't have children, I have heard good things about them (the stroller I mean).

I have 3 toddlers who want to walk, which is brilliant as I want them to be active but not so great when I want to up the pace :/
  • restors
    restors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feels more achievable having just written that down :#

Sometimes that's all it takes to motivate! Well done you. Fellow Scot feel free to add me
  • phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feels more achievable having just written that down :#
    Having our goals written down and in front of us definitely helps them be more real and gives us something to talk trash to..I was just talking junk to my 10 min mile goal this morning. Hoping to kick its *kitten* next week! May I add you?
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a working mom with 3 kids (7, 5 and 5). I have about 50 to lose. I've done 4 half marathons (like a turtle), but I did them. I have one in April that I'm trying to drop some weight and train for.
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bless you mothers of three kids! I have two, my youngest only 7 months, and I can't imagine adding another to this chaos lol!! Your goals are totally achievable and realistic! You got this. Feel free to add me, I'd love a friend in Scotland ;)
  • Mayesy23DAZ
    Mayesy23DAZ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm a working mom with 3 kids (7, 5 and 5). I have about 50 to lose. I've done 4 half marathons (like a turtle), but I did them. I have one in April that I'm trying to drop some weight and train for.

Amazing achievement!!!
    My 3 are 3.5, 2 and 2 :#
    Friend request on its way :)
  • jaffacacks
    jaffacacks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy to be added! I'm a Mum to a 4 year old so finally got some time back between school and working. I'm 40 this year so want to shed the lard :D
  • KThompson042310
    KThompson042310 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a SAHM with 3 kids... a 4 year old, 3 year old, and 11 mo. old baby girl. I am ashamed to say the I've let myself go and I want me back. Looking to find some motivation and someone who understands my struggle.
  • skrieser
    skrieser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also a mom of 3 little boys 6, 5, 3....working full time with 40-50 lbs to lose. Have been up and down since I graduated high school, but at my highest non-pregnancy weight now :( Now that I'm getting close to 40, I'd like to lose it for good. I lose motivation quickly, so I need help!
    Add me and keep me in check!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Think all of us mums can support each other. How have you been getting on this week? I'm feeling totally up for the challenge and determined to make the change.
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Think all of us mums can support each other. How have you been getting on this week? I'm feeling totally up for the challenge and determined to make the change.

Feeling the exact same way. Like I'm just ready to destroy all my goals. My first week is done Tomorrow so I'm weighing in in the morning and I'm actually excited!!

Nothing better then feeling in control though
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting started! The first step is the hardest a lot of the time :smile: I'm sure you've probably heard of Joe Wicks The Body Coach - he has some good little HIIT workouts on his YouTube Channel that don't take too long but work :smile:

Best of luck! Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • skrieser
    skrieser Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Finding myself very frustrated this morning. I had a rather boring weekend of watching my diet ....then weighed myself today to find that I gained! I enjoy weekends of food and drinks...so I'm annoyed that my efforts of controlling myself didn't pay off!!! Need some motivation to keep my head in the game! I didn't gain this weight over night...so I'm not going to lose it overnight either, right?!
  • mamma_adventure
    Options
    Perseverance @skrieser I am sure if you stick with this, you'll see a loss next week.
    I've motivated myself by taking a 'before picture', if I start thinking about bingeing or booze, I just need to think about that picture :D
    You're also being realistic, it's taken a while to get our bodies in this shape so no it won't come off over night...although it would be bloody marvellous if it did ;)