C4 Preworkout

Anyone know if C4 has any bad side effects?

Replies

• deztopstylist
    deztopstylist Posts: 55 Member
    I took it before I got the feeling like needles were poking me and I got super hot
  • e123b123
    e123b123 Posts: 27 Member
    I took it before I got the feeling like needles were poking me and I got super hot

Yea I know the feeling, I was wondering is it bad for me, what's the side effects. Thanks though!
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member

That's probably the beta-alanine in it.
  • e123b123

Do you use c4?
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    I was using it for a while and didn't really mind the beta-alanine "needles" feeling BUT my doctor pulled me off immediately because it was negatively effecting my blood pressure. Be sure your doctor is okay with it based on your health history.
  • carleemarissa
    carleemarissa Posts: 4 Member
    I've taken it before and didn't really have any side effects. Just the normal super pumped up feeling.
  • MichelleLea122
    e123b123 wrote: »

Do you use c4?

I have. It's good, but not particularly special. I personally don't really like beta alanine, so I switched to Pescience alphamine/high volume.
  • broony88
    broony88 Posts: 1 Member
    I've used it and felt it was quite a decent product, didn't have any side effects for me.
  • e123b123

Do you use c4?

I have. It's good, but not particularly special. I personally don't really like beta alanine, so I switched to Pescience alphamine/high volume.

No I haven't tried it yet, I'm afraid to
  • MichelleLea122

Do you use c4?

As far as preworkouts go, c4 is pretty mild especially caffeine wise. Since I'm a smaller individual, I often took half of it as a preworkout and sipped on the other half as an intraworkout. You don't have to use a full dosage or anything at all.
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    I use it as well and quite like it. It does say right on the label though that if you get that hot pins and needles feeling to reduce the dose. Also, take a break from it once in a while.
  • e123b123

Do you use c4?

As far as preworkouts go, c4 is pretty mild especially caffeine wise. Since I'm a smaller individual, I often took half of it as a preworkout and sipped on the other half as an intraworkout. You don't have to use a full dosage or anything at all.

I weigh about 190 and I'm 6'3" how many servings do you think I need before a workout
  • e123b123
    fatguy3382 wrote: »
    I use it as well and quite like it. It does say right on the label though that if you get that hot pins and needles feeling to reduce the dose. Also, take a break from it once in a while.

And what's the reason of taking a break,?
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    I switched to Advocare Muscle Fuel and Catalyst a few months ago, because i didn't like the 'pins and needles' feeling of C4. I also found once i used it more consistently i had to take more of it to get the same effects, which i also didn't like.
  • e123b123
    I switched to Advocare Muscle Fuel and Catalyst a few months ago, because i didn't like the 'pins and needles' feeling of C4. I also found once i used it more consistently i had to take more of it to get the same effects, which i also didn't like.

What's the difference between the two, why do you like advocare ?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member

Do you use c4?

That's a great idea. I'm going to have to steal this.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member

What's the difference between the two, why do you like advocare ?

I dont like the 'pins and needles' feeling from the Beta Alanine, in C4, and for whatever reason i am more thirsty and sweaty when i use C4, i tried it again a few weeks ago and unless i have no choice i won't be using it again.

I think the main difference is what is used as energy, or 'Explosive Energy Blend' as C4 calls it.

Here's the ingredients list for C4:
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://s3.amazonaws.com/cellucor.com/supp-facts/c4-icy-blue-razz-30-servings.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.cellucor.com/c4&h=554&w=400&tbnid=XMEjU3uECCENNM:&vet=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=115&docid=ZS0p6fOig9E9tM&usg=__gyFTUfvg69TbCTjh33s49_czi6E=&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiFppO3m6nRAhVn1oMKHa03BGUQ9QEIHjAA

Here's the list for Muscle Fuel:
    https://www.advocare.com/products/images/pdf/P4422.pdf

And Catalyst is a branch chain amino acid, so I use it for both cardio and strenght training, to preserve muscle.

And no, before anybody even mentions it, i am a distributor for Advocare, but i am not trying to push their products, just stating what works for me :)
  • MichelleLea122

Do you use c4?

I weigh about 190 and I'm 6'3" how many servings do you think I need before a workout

Depends on your tolerance for caffeine. Start with the standard serving and see how it goes. For me the caffeine wasn't really an issue, it was more the beta alanine. I personally use alphamine because there's no beta-alanine and thermos make me feel warm and fuzzy. Most companies offer sample packets so I would just try it out.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    The tingles aren't for everyone. C4 is fairly mild on the stimulant front but as with all things, try a small dose (1/2 serving) and go from there.