Walking Dead disappointment?

Options
2»

Replies

• KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    You know what I don't get? Neegan could've been killed so easily so many times and then his group would just disintegrate...a lot of his minions are miserable under his rule...or why someone from his group hasn't done it already baffles me.

That's the rub. Too many people with weapons near him. Particularly Carl, who went on a suicide mission and took out several of Neegan's guys, yet somehow stopped his machine gun to let Neegan do his psychological game playing. Sorry, his Alpha can't be that strong.

I was screaming at Carl when he did that! wtf!? He had a clear shot. smh
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    If anyone kills Negan, his gang will literally kill you and everyone you know and love. That's why they need all the groups together.
  • walkermom75
    walkermom75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    If anyone kills Negan, his gang will literally kill you and everyone you know and love. That's why they need all the groups together.

That's the worst part, if you retaliate you're not just risking your life but someone else's because they will kill loved ones and random innocent people to get back at you.

Idk I feel like if they don't have Neegan doing their thinking for them they'll be too lost to figure out what to do, and a lot of them would be relieved. There would be chaos, a few a holes would try to take over, but other than that...the Ricktatorship rules :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Well,

You can't kill Negan. Rick knows he has to take out the Survivors as there will just be more people to take Negan's place. So taking out Negan isn't enough.

Also Dwight said, they where all much worse until Negan came so you have loyalty through survival. Also all of Negan's minions are power tripping so they're more likely to kill everyone that had a hand in killing Negan then figure out who should lead.

So it's not Negan it's Negan and all the Survivors that has to be taken out. Since there are so many of them, they have to band with the other communities if they want to stand a chance. Which is what the 2nd half of the season looks like it will be.

Unfortunately, it also looks like the outcome of this "war" will not happen this season.

The last episode will probably end on something like this:

vaphat6agy6j.jpg

Fade to black, see you next season....
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Well,

You can't kill Negan. Rick knows he has to take out the Survivors as there will just be more people to take Negan's place. So taking out Negan isn't enough.

Also Dwight said, they where all much worse until Negan came so you have loyalty through survival. Also all of Negan's minions are power tripping so they're more likely to kill everyone that had a hand in killing Negan then figure out who should lead.

So it's not Negan it's Negan and all the Survivors that has to be taken out. Since there are so many of them, they have to band with the other communities if they want to stand a chance. Which is what the 2nd half of the season looks like it will be.

Unfortunately, it also looks like the outcome of this "war" will not happen this season.

The last episode will probably end on something like this:

vaphat6agy6j.jpg

Fade to black, see you next season....

I think this will happen as well. I think there's a lot of politics that have to happen first before they take on negan's crowd.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options

That's the worst part, if you retaliate you're not just risking your life but someone else's because they will kill loved ones and random innocent people to get back at you.

Idk I feel like if they don't have Neegan doing their thinking for them they'll be too lost to figure out what to do, and a lot of them would be relieved. There would be chaos, a few a holes would try to take over, but other than that...the Ricktatorship rules :)

I'm annoyed at the Ricktatorship. Glenn ALWAYS had the best strategy.

A REAL leader draws on the strengths of his group. Before that ridiculous plan to herd zombies right past Alexandria (because them squeezing out 1 by 1 was too "dangerous"), he should have consulted Glenn for advice. Glenn was no leader - Rick is - but Glenn was a better strategist.

But AMC has to have an exciting show, so lets see what other stupidity the group does under the Rickshow. Urg!
  • cee134
    Options
    I should also point out that they are doing what Anime is famous for doing. Creating a lot of filler episodes to allow the comic time to progress. An example is Dragon Ball Z where it has 300 episodes, but Dragon Ball Z Kai only has 98 episodes and is suppose to be "truer" to the comic.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Another note to consider...Neegan aside...but one of the reasons why I think this show is stupid, even though I never miss an episode. There has been a HUGE food shortage. They are very few people left in the world. I have been saying all along - every single season - GO FISHING!!! Set trot lines. Use a gill net. Get an old-time phone and wink-wink - make a call. All the protein you would ever need is in the water.

Case in Point - Have you ever fished a farm pond that has not been fished in a couple of years??? It is not fishing - it is called catching.

Finally!! The all-woman camp is 'ocean' fishing.
  • robhod1
    robhod1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in people views on Negan and how he is portrayed in the show. Are we as viewers supposed to hate him, because to be honest I don't. He is just meh, to be honest and this is probably quite shallow but he is too good looking and charming to hate. Yeh so he has killed a couple of people but who cares ,he's hot and has a cool leather jacket so he can get away with it. I am not fussed either way if he lives or not. Compare this to GOT and another villain, Ramsey Bolton, now he was a real turd of a man who I couldn't wait to watch die. But that hatred was built up over a season or two so perhaps I am being too quick to judge the Negan portrayal.

Season 7 has been pretty dire though if I'm honest.
  • walkermom75
    walkermom75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    robhod1 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in people views on Negan and how he is portrayed in the show. Are we as viewers supposed to hate him, because to be honest I don't. He is just meh, to be honest and this is probably quite shallow but he is too good looking and charming to hate. Yeh so he has killed a couple of people but who cares ,he's hot and has a cool leather jacket so he can get away with it. I am not fussed either way if he lives or not. Compare this to GOT and another villain, Ramsey Bolton, now he was a real turd of a man who I couldn't wait to watch die. But that hatred was built up over a season or two so perhaps I am being too quick to judge the Negan portrayal.

Season 7 has been pretty dire though if I'm honest.

Neegan is a giant turd and the first episode he was scary as F!!! He is good looking, makes it easier to fool people. He killed Glenn (oh, and Abraham-sorry!). I hate him for that enough.

I do think we are supposed to hate to love him though yes.

• cee134
    Options
    Knights and castles would work well and other medieval tactics and warfare would work well here against zombies (walkers) I think.
  • Eash84
    Eash84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Seems to be this way every season. I've been watching since it first aired and there have been some boring episodes and others were action packed. Can't wait for it to come back on!
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Options
    I like this season so far. Its just taking the show in a different direction, that's all. Weve never seen the group so beaten down before (no pun intended.) I love Negan. Not because he is so evil, but because he is funny too. I cant help but laugh at some of his lines. Theres about to be an all out war...cant get more exciting than that. There have been other seasons I didn't care for (like the season with the governor), but this one has been terrific so far. I think its just a bit slow laying the foundation for the all out war...but it makes sense to devote entire episodes to new groups.
  • Oxytocin_Panda
    Oxytocin_Panda Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Well,

So what would happen if, in a giant war against the Survivors, Dwight took Negan out, in front of the warring masses in a public area seen by all, then screams "Enough!" ...and everyone lays down their arms and sings Kumbaya. That would ensure that there would be no retaliation by the survivors...then Dwight takes over and they start live somewhat harmoniously until.....
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I wanted Negan gone!
  • Juvenall
    Juvenall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A huge part of the problem with the show is that nothing they do is really shocking anymore. Yeah, sure, the way this season started, was graphic, but other than who it happened to, you've sorta seen that before with countless zombies. Negan is basically every other alive antagonist the series has put on (leads a group, prone to violent outbursts, thinks what he's doing is justifiable towards the greater good, etc). At this point, I'm only still watching to see what happens when they finally catch up to the comics and if the Negan storyline goes in the same direction (they've already had a few super subtle hints that it may).
  • JamestheLiar
    JamestheLiar Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I predict that the season will end with Rick cutting Negan's throat, and it will be a beautiful stand up and cheer moment.
  • Juvenall
    Juvenall Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Man, I've gotta say I can't way to see the reaction from folks if they stick with the comics...