New member - the final straw!

Options
Hello everyone,

I joined today after finding the app on my phone as i have been asked by my dietician to count calories and keep a food diary for 4 weeks.

After trying many diets and finally joining the gym a year ago i still am unable to shift the weight and keep it off. After exercising 5-6 times a week at spinning and zumba classes etc the weight actually increased, which was the final straw, when i visited my GP and have been referred to a dietician.

Very hopeful this will be the guidance that i need.

Good luck to all x

Replies

• brittanybee07
    Options
    Hey, welcome to MFP! =)
  • Degator
    Degator Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. i joined about a week ago and everyone on this site is so helpful and encouraging.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Alfia2010
    Alfia2010 Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome !
  • caart4
    caart4 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck too you!! Counting calories, as I have found can be challenging, but this is an awesome tool to help with just that.
  • tatwood106
    tatwood106 Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, if your exercising 5-6 days a week you may be building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. Also, make sure you are drinking more than you need, too little and your body goes into camel mode and holds any water it can get. Water weigh ~7.5lbs per gallon.
    Keep with it and I know you'll see the results you want. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to go! I'm new as well and it's been exactly what I need. There is so much support and tools to help you. If you need encouragement, feel free to friend me! Good luck