Bite me C25K! - What I wish someone had told me when I started

Options
2»

Replies

• ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great post!! I did a running program with a trainer at our gym last year and enjoyed it. I never could figure how to the do the C25k so I think I'll try again. I love how you worded this also. Very informative and entertaining as well. Good job on your accomplishments.
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post. Very motivational. I know a lot of people who would have had a million excuses not to start. Congrats on your success. You seem immeasurably happier in the second picture, which is what it's all about at the end if the day!
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I started and quit c25k 3 times. You just inspired me to give it another shot. Thank you, sir :)
  • hickmanha
    hickmanha Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "Your body is a big fat liar."

SO true. Also, #7 is what made the switch in my brain finally go on when I started running. I would reach a point in my run that I would think, "okay it's time to stop now." And I would stop. But why? No real reason, other than my brain telling me to. I realized one day that if I do mental a "check-in" before I allow myself to stop (any pain? feet feel good? knees? hips? breathing good?), inevitably it was just my brain trying to pull one over on me. Shut up brain. This isn't about you. :-)

Thank you for your post, Des. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    You are my new favorite person. :)

Mine too- you have a fan club!
  • jachmannjachmanngmailcom2015
    Options
    Des was my inspiration to start and stick to the C25K program. It took me 9 months to complete and I had to repeat many weeks but I did it! Would be nice though to hear back from him on how he's doing!
  • TheFrostyCanuck
    TheFrostyCanuck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome post, in week 3 here and I love all your tips - so thank you once again!
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This post is awesome! I too did the C25K. It works! I was leary when it came to the 20 minute run as it was such a huge jump but I ran 25 minutes instead as I wasn't ready to stop. I highly recommend C25K to anyone! I couldn't run 20 seconds when I started!