Can someone review my food diary?

Options
Would love to get any feedback on what I should stop or should Add to my daily diet.

For background I am looking to burn fat and out on lean muscle.

177, 5'9" and I work out 5x a week with weights.

Thanks.

Replies

• MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's on private no one can see it
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but here's a gentle reminder -- you can't burn fat and gain muscle simultaneously (unless you're a very new weightlifter who is extremely obese). Losing fat requires a calorie deficit; gaining muscle requires a surplus.
  • HvymetalMG
    HvymetalMG Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hmm. It's set to public.

Ok just confused as to what I should focus on. Trying to get rid of the gut - the only part of me that has fat. I know there no spot reducing and can't focus on burning just midsection. So cutting out sugar and junk. But worried adding more calories even from lean protein will stop me from burning my gut
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Focus on the over all calories, you don't need to cut out anything to lose body fat just eat less than you burn.

Don't let your calories be below 1500 a day and I'd try to incorporate more fresh veg.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    HvymetalMG wrote: »
    Hmm. It's set to public.

Ok just confused as to what I should focus on. Trying to get rid of the gut - the only part of me that has fat. I know there no spot reducing and can't focus on burning just midsection. So cutting out sugar and junk. But worried adding more calories even from lean protein will stop me from burning my gut

If you goal is to get rid of your gut first, before gaining muscle (like you wanted from your other thread), then you want a small calorie deficit, patience and a good resistance program to help you maintain muscle.