Need to gain weight..

Options
I am 19 years old and weigh 90 pounds..I would really like to gain weight fast..any idea's of what foods or drinks that could help me gain weight?

Replies

• Randy391
    Randy391 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 2 cups of milk every meal and snack. I had 3 meals 3 snacks, depending on the milk that's around 300 calories per meal/snack. It helps gain weight and if u also workout u can convert it quite quickly. I did it one summer ( 2months) and I went from 128 pounds to 155 pounds. Not joking LOL. And I worked out 1 to 2 times a day doing at least one weight lift session and one cardio session. I had 9.5% body fat when I was done. Any questions don't be afraid to ask.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I am 19 years old and weigh 90 pounds..I would really like to gain weight fast..any idea's of what foods or drinks that could help me gain weight?

Are you ok with gaining a lot, if not, all fat? If so, gaining is easy. If you want to stay lean and slowly increase body fat, than have a small to moderate surplus 10-15% over maintenance, and follow a progressive overload lifting program: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Link to strategies and foods, that can help add calories: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

I would suggest, that the latter plan is a lot more effective as giving people the body they want. Gaining all fat rarely makes people really happy, especially considering it often goes to places they don't want.
  • NaomiAnna22
    NaomiAnna22 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    apetamin syrup, look it up, increases your appetite and changes how you metabolize food.
  • Jokerz9
    Jokerz9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Focus on high calorie diet and, while gaining weight make sure divide your meals in equal proportions eat a balanced meal, if you have any questions text me
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    apetamin syrup, look it up, increases your appetite and changes how you metabolize food.

Not this.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Options
    apetamin syrup, look it up, (1) increases your appetite and (2) changes how you metabolize food.

1. It's an antihistamine and generally stimulates hunger in 20-25% of people and 2. NO, it absolutely does not effect metabolism. Metabolism modifying drugs always get banned quickly (often they have a side effect of death). And 3. if you look at all of the follow up threads on apetamin, you will notice a trend... excessive weight gain, especially in the stomach region.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Jokerz9 wrote: »
    Focus on high calorie diet and, while gaining weight make sure divide your meals in equal proportions eat a balanced meal, if you have any questions text me

nope... OP could eat all her calories in 1 meal, and still gain if she was in a calorie surplus.