Help :(

Options
I'm back, haven''t been on here for a while or to the gym either, i've lost my motivation, cant stop eating since I got back from holiday, now I need all the motivation that I can get because I can't even leave the sofa :(

Replies

• jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just get off that couch and do something! Take a stroll, or maybe log your food to see what is really going on. Once you see everything on "paper" you will be shocked back into working out. I had the same issue after we went camping for a week. I feel the same as you do right now. But I am determined not to undo everything I have worked for!
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just do it one day at a time. Do whatever you can today and let tomorrow worry about tomorrow. Sometimes it is just overwhelming to think about all the work that we need to do to get ourselves back to where we should be. Remember, you deserve to feel better, to be healthy. Think about how that will feel when you get there.
  • megan518
    megan518 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Reflect on the other aspects of your life right now--stressors, anxieties, changes. They are most likely related. I know that when I address whatever I'm going through, the healthy eating and living gets better. There's ALWAYS something behind the lack of motivation.
    Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Do this:

Start to get motivated again by not drinking soda's, tea (green tea is fine), and drink only water. You will automatically cut down on average 300 calories a day by going with water only.

You don't have to dread going into the gym. Don't even get to the gym yet. Get your diet straight first. Start eating cleaner foods daily. Start taking your multivitamin again and take your fish oil.

Do this for a few weeks and see how things go. Once you start losing a little weight, the motivation will kick back in to start being hardcore again.
  • healthychelsea
    Options
    I know how you feel, it can be difficult to recollect the motivation you once had after "messing up," you feel like it's just inevitable and you don't have it in you BUT YOU DO! Make today day 1 of your new healthy lifestyle, forgive yourself for the bad eating/habits and be VERY kind to yourself about it, and just eat better, drink water and workout today and focus on getting through TODAY and then tomorrow focus on getting through tomorrow! Take it one day at a time.
  • maxsdad9
    maxsdad9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dom't give up. Don't beat yourself up. Your bak on MFP and that's a good start.
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    U can do it girl. Will power!!!!!. Add me!!!!!