I'm so afraid of message boards, but I need HELP!

Options
I am so outgoing in general, but ULTRA secretive about my weight! I joined about 10 days ago, but have been "lurking," debating about reaching out. I need accountability partners. I have 71 punds to lose for signifigant health reasons and I can't afford to fail. Anyone want a new friend?

Replies

• Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me if you would like to. I try to support everyone. We all need friends.
  • hoosha61
    hoosha61 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. Lets get skinny. Logging = Loss
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've always been very secretive about my weight with family and friends, but I'm a lot more open about it on here. Nearly everyone here is very nice and supportive so it's a great place to be! Feel free to add me and I'll be happy to support you!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    No need to be secretive or afraid - we're all here for the same reason! I've lost almost 50 from my heaviest - about 45 - 50 to go. Happy to help motivate and find a new motivator for myself! Friend request sent!
  • aj11016
    aj11016 Posts: 65
    Options
    You are welcome to add me :) I have a bunch of weight to lose as well
  • mamawof5
    mamawof5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im new too and would love to have someone to start this journey with! :)
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    hi, we all need all the help we can get.
    please log me as one of your friends.
    i look forward to chatting with you
    curlyjayne
  • fishflower13
    Options
    Please add me as your friend. I began last week too. Also need to get this weight off for medical reasons.We CAN do this.
  • Shepink
    Shepink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We are all here for the same reason and will provide the encouragement and support you need.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm a lurker for the most part, too. :) Feel free to friend me. I'm all for accountability!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You can add me as a friend. Don't be afaid to reach out here. We are all reaching for the same goal. We also find things on these message boards that we don't find in our everyday lives.

Best wishes.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, I'm thinking because I avoid weight loss talk so much, this is making me incredibly emotional. Thanks to everyone!
  • rking26
    rking26 Posts: 5
    Options
    Always need new friends!!!!!!!!!!! anyone welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Eats_With_A_Fist
    Options
    I've been here a few weeks now, and it is awesome! You can choose how much to share and whom to share it with, and you can really build a supportive group of friends while ignoring everyone else. We're all here fighting fat, no matter where we are on our particular journeys, and it's a lot easier to fight with the support of others. Congrats for reaching out! That's definitely a NSV!
    (Non Scale Victory) Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    we are all here for the same thing... got lots still left to lose. sending you request XOXO
  • rking26
    rking26 Posts: 5
    Options
    I think we all get emotional about our weight, I love this site because of the support you can get whenever you need it, you will too!!!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    I am new to the site also. Having this app on my phone has made a big difference in being accountable. I am constantly looking through the database to plan better choices with my meals.
    -Jason
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for supportive friends. I have a lot to lose as well. Anyone who wants, feel free to add me :-)
    You made a great choice in joining MFP because people are so supportive here and it has helped me so much. I've been using this site since March and I absolutely love it!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    always looking to add mutually supportive friends!! i have been here for almost 3 months and LOVE it!! feel free to add me and we can share our journeys!! :flowerforyou:
  • Francineirene
    Options
    Please don't be afraid. We all need each other and we are all on the same journey just at different stages. The girl you see in my profile picture is very different than the girl you would have seen a year ago. A year ago I had just about given up trying but then I made a decision and was determined to follow-through. I was suffering, almost daily, from migranes and my female time was a real horrorshow. I had been to all the medical doctors and tried all their drugs. Not so unusual until you know that I am a nurse/physical therapist in a chriopractic practice and we just don't do drugs. I remember waking up one morning and thinking that I had to do something and I realized that I was going to have to do it for myself. I counsel my patients daily on the importantance of nutrition and exercise. I had to admit to myself that I was doing the one thing my patients do that drives me crazy...MAKING EXCUSES! Anyway, no more excuses and best part no migranes or horrible periods for 4 months. I would be honored to join you on your journey. I am a big fan of people taking control of their health and will cheer with you all they way.