FitBit steps

Options
My FitBit and Fitness Pal ha e been synced. My Fitness Pal would show my steps taken on Fitbit and add calorie burn. Its no longer picking up FitBit steps. Any idea what has changed?
Thank-you Andrea

Replies

• rks581
    rks581 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It always worked ok for me. Make sure fitbit steps are turned on both in Fitbit's app and here at MFP. If it doesn't start working in a few days just call both companies for support.
  • acm1999
    acm1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. It seemed to work for a couple of days, but today mfp isn't picking it up. Frustrating.
  • mindersfly
    mindersfly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mine is not syncing either! What the??
  • prutenbar
    prutenbar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. How and where do I turn on the steps?
  • acm1999
    acm1999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonder if there's a glitch. Mine stoped syncing the steps today. Shows 0...
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just got a Fitbit charge 2 for xmas. I've synced it to MFP and have no issues with it showing me my "steps" and calorie burn. Knock-on-wood. But I always go to my Fitbit dashboard 1st, watch it sync, then go to MFP, manually hit the sync button and it syncs my steps from fitbit. I have no patience for it to sync on its own. Give that a try and hopefully that helps.
  • hubbyswiflit
    hubbyswiflit Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have the same problem, it's syncing my iPhone steps, which are a lot less because I don't carry my phone everywhere with me, and when I click on Add Exercise > Manage Step Tracking > and try to click on Fitbit Tracker instead of iPhone it says 'Alert: Unknown error. Please try again later' and it's been saying this for months! I've tried disconnecting Fitbit and reconnecting it, but that doesn't work either! Any ideas?
  • emilla
    emilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Just stopped syncing in the last week.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I fixed a few things...for instance, my calorie burns weren't showing up. I JUST WANNA SEE MY STEPS. I don't know why this is frustrating me so.
  • jacobhillman
    jacobhillman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Did you turn bluetooth off on accident? Fitbit needs to sync the device and the app to get information added to MFP.
  • tlmhiebert1985
    tlmhiebert1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem when I first synced my new fit bit charge 2 up but within a couple days it started working on it's own. Sometimes it takes awhile.
  • aliciamerritt
    aliciamerritt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue with the Unknown error message and was able to fix it by using the Myfittness Pal website (not the app) to change the tracking device to fitbit from Iphone. You will need to login to the Myfitness Pal website, go to apps and then to the sublabel "steps", and from there you can select Fitbit as the device to track your steps. Hope this helps!