Are you on any diet plan?

Options
13»

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers the first time I lost my baby weight and only gained back cause I was pregnant with baby #3.

I choice MFP and CICO because of the cost to go back to Weight Watchers was unrealistic for me and I wanted the support still without the meetings.

I learnt a lot of good eating habits and portion control through that and my aunt actually still counts points every day (she has done it for 17 years).

I really have nothing bad to say about it other than the cost associated with a diet program unfortunately.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    ... Hmm... CICO IIFYM Cleanish Cycling? with the natural guidelines of leading a vegan lifestyle.

I don't love 100% any of them BUT combined, they are ideal for me :wink:

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    @rikkejanell2014 What diet plan are you on? :smile:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    For fun, I am trying calorie/carb cycling to see if it makes improvements in my training. But holy hell, I am struggling with carbs... I am not eating enough of them on my high carb days (never thought I would say that).

LOL Dabbling with the dark side. ;)

Pray for me. Tomorrow is my first low carb day, so it might not be pretty on the forums...

Salt. Salt. Salt. LOL
  • MissBeeGonz
    MissBeeGonz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    No sugar, bread, pasta or soda! So far so good!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Hell no. CICO for life. Non restricting and Its the most flexible way to live.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For fun, I am trying calorie/carb cycling to see if it makes improvements in my training. But holy hell, I am struggling with carbs... I am not eating enough of them on my high carb days (never thought I would say that).

Just take a trip to Italy---your carbs will skyrocket!
  • kadiebabyx3
    kadiebabyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been either eating oatmeal, a special k meal bar or avacoda and egg for breakfast. Then a salad for lunch, fruit to much on throught thr day and for dinner I have a lean cuisine dinner
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options

ha! Probably not, because I would eat all the meat and non of the pasta... I put paste in the, "not worth my time" category. I just don't enjoy it that much. Now put me in an asian country, and stuff is going down!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

ha! Probably not, because I would eat all the meat and non of the pasta... I put paste in the, "not worth my time" category. I just don't enjoy it that much. Now put me in an asian country, and stuff is going down!

You've never been here, have you? Carb paradise. If you don't like pasta or pizza, there's always risotto--we aim to please!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a structured/named diet but I do eat a high fiber diet (aim for 45g per day).
  • susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    lks802 wrote: »
    I've been seeing a nutritionist. So I'm not on a plan per se, but I try to stick to clean eating and keep 3 meals and 2snacks at 15 net carbs or less at each. I also avoid cheese as much as possible bc it's processed food.

I was very successful without feeling deprived last year when I did. But, I stopped eating healthy (I'm not on a "diet) and I'm regrouping.

Seeing the nutritionist was by far the best results for me after doing Atkins, south beach, weight watchers, nutri system etc over the years.

I do consider the way I eat as aligning with primal (not strict paleo) because it centers around clean eating and eating foods good for your body. The guide from nutritionist helps me make clean food choices appropriate for my weight loss.

• susb
    susb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I agree with many of the replies. I don't use the word diet, that, in tself, suggests temporary and then you feel as though you failed when you slip off the diet and revert to past eating habits. As mentioned above, I eat three meals, morning, noon and around six in the evening and two snacks Mid morning and afternoon. This works in an awesome way by keeping you satiated.

I stick to @ 300 for breakfast, 100 for snacks, 350 for lunch and 350 for dinner. I am rarely hungry. I aim to walk/jog 2.5 miles everyday and this helps me achieve 5 times a week in most cases.

I am older, this works. A younger person, I am 61, might bump up intake to 1,500 to create a deficit.

I did my program successfully before and got down to 120 lbs. from 155 in a matter of months, slow and steady by measuring and jotting down everything for up to a year. I am 5'5" and I kept that weight off for close to 3 years,

Making major lifestyle changes in your eating patterns makes a huge difference compared to going on a "diet".

It is important to have some basic meals you like and it is ok to eat the same things over and over. I have about four meal choices for breakfast, same for lunch and dinner. Same with snacks.

I eat eggs, chicken, fish, vegetables and fruits. I do eat bread but not a lot. Like oatmeal for breakfast and then maybe a half of a whole wheat sandwich.

It is not hard once you create your pattern of healthy eating. You do have to have everything purchased and ready to prepare or grab at home.
  • rikkejanell2014
    rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @rikkejanell2014 What diet plan are you on? :smile:

Cico. I try to eat healthy though. Whole wheat. Lean meats, sugar free on alot. No calories drinks and work out 5 days a week.
  • brewerfan13
    brewerfan13 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Easy Mac Diet here. Just completed day 3.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nope. No diets, no temporary changes, no eliminating any foods or food groups.

I eat pizza, burgers, ice cream, drink wine/beer/cocktails, but not every night. Well, wine nearly every night. :wink: I eat to fuel my body, and 80% of the time it's lean meats, veggies, fruits, balanced protein, carbs & fats. But my calorie goal allows for eating those other things I listed as well.

I dropped about 25lbs eating this way - I plan to be healthy and fit for life, and the only way I'm going to stick with it for life is if I keep reasonable goals, for both exercise and eating.

So no diets or special plans - just learning to eat right, the proper amount of cals for me, for life.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    No sugar, bread, pasta or soda! So far so good!

So you consume no fruits or veggies
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    It's January, so I'm on a seafood diet.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I have written a plan for myself based on my macro and micronutrient needs alongside my goals.